Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

CornelyJ6er
Egg

Introduction

Post by CornelyJ6er »

Dear Rangers,

My name is M. Joseph. I'm from Miami Florida but currently a Junior at the University of Florida in Gainesville. I have minors in Building Construction and Business (from Warrington) and will soon be a major in Cultural Anthropology. I have been reading threads for about a month now and decided it was time to join now that I have a couple of questions.
I work full time at South West Recreational Facility (big gym) on campus as the manager. It gives me 24/7 access to the gym :D . I ride for the University's cycling team "Team Florida" and as of now we are not sanctioned as an SECC team. Long story short I don't get any street credit.
As of now my dream is to graduate from college and sign up for 11x Option 40. I work out hard everyday and either run, lift or bike and the word Ranger Tab is always in the back of my mind.

Thanks for your service and I look forward to joining the forum and taking in all the advice I can about becoming a Ranger.

-Joe.

PS. Any good Ranger books please PM me...
In need of a mentor....

-dude when did you get a mole on you neck?
"that is a tick...."
"maybe it got its name cause it kinda tick'les?"

Vote Chuck Norris... Cause when he does a push up. He isn't pushing up. He is pushing the world down.
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

Welcome to the site and thank you for wanting to serve.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome to the forums. Everything you need to know about getting that Ranger Tab off the back of your mind and onto your left shoulder is pretty much already printed here for your information.
Copperhead
Tadpole

Post by Copperhead »

Welcome to the site Joe.

PM inbound.

-Caleb
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek."
-Mario Andretti
Spartan

Re: Introduction

Post by Spartan »

CornelyJ6er wrote:As of now my dream is to graduate from college and sign up for 11x Option 40. I work out hard everyday and either run, lift or bike and the word Ranger Tab is always in the back of my mind.
If getting an Option 40 is your intent and getting a Ranger Tab is always in the back of your mind then earning a Tan Beret and the privilege of wearing a Ranger Scroll ought to be in the FRONT of your mind.

Welcome to the board.
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

Welcome .....enjoy the site!
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and thanks for your interest in becoming an Army Ranger. Only you can make your dreams come true, but you can get a lot of help from members of this site to help prepare you to make those dreams a reality. Be sure to read the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Welcome to the site Joe.

GO BLUE!
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
CornelyJ6er
Egg

Post by CornelyJ6er »

PT Results
With no rest between regular work out.
(Before PT test I did full leg work-out)

Push-ups. 48 Amazing for me...as sad as that is....

Sit-ups. 59 Seems always to burn the same just more the longer I go.

Run. 11: 47 Haven't pushed that hard since High school 1A States.
In need of a mentor....

-dude when did you get a mole on you neck?
"that is a tick...."
"maybe it got its name cause it kinda tick'les?"

Vote Chuck Norris... Cause when he does a push up. He isn't pushing up. He is pushing the world down.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

CornelyJ6er wrote:
Push-ups. 48 Amazing for me...as sad as that is....

Sit-ups. 59 Seems always to burn the same just more the longer I go.
Good thing you got that 24/7 access to the gym. I'd be all over that like a cheap suit in the rain! :D
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

Spartan wrote:
CornelyJ6er wrote:As of now my dream is to graduate from college and sign up for 11x Option 40. I work out hard everyday and either run, lift or bike and the word Ranger Tab is always in the back of my mind.
If getting an Option 40 is your intent and getting a Ranger Tab is always in the back of your mind then earning a Tan Beret and the privilege of wearing a Ranger Scroll ought to be in the FRONT of your mind.

Welcome to the board.
x2

Your run time is a smoker, but you need to work on those push ups and sit ups. Good luck

~Joseph
RIP Class 02-07
RS Class 09-07
C co. 2/75 Jan 07- Sept 07
D co 2/75 Oct 07- Aug 10
OIF/OEF
Mentored by Ranger Hoover
Mentor to stoicism
Ain't nothin to it but TO DO IT!!!
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

CornelyJ6er wrote:

Ummmmm???.....

Let me think for a minute........

Oh.....I got one......!!!!!!!

RANGER HANDBOOK :shock: :shock:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

The four books at the bottom of this page would be a great place to start.

Ive read all 4, all are very informative.

~Joseph
RIP Class 02-07
RS Class 09-07
C co. 2/75 Jan 07- Sept 07
D co 2/75 Oct 07- Aug 10
OIF/OEF
Mentored by Ranger Hoover
Mentor to stoicism
Ain't nothin to it but TO DO IT!!!
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

CornelyJ6er wrote:Dear Rangers,

My name is M. Joseph. I'm from Miami Florida but currently a Junior at the University of Florida in Gainesville. I have minors in Building Construction and Business (from Warrington) and will soon be a major in Cultural Anthropology. I have been reading threads for about a month now and decided it was time to join now that I have a couple of questions.
I work full time at South West Recreational Facility (big gym) on campus as the manager. It gives me 24/7 access to the gym :D . I ride for the University's cycling team "Team Florida" and as of now we are not sanctioned as an SECC team. Long story short I don't get any street credit.
As of now my dream is to graduate from college and sign up for 11x Option 40. I work out hard everyday and either run, lift or bike and the word Ranger Tab is always in the back of my mind.

Thanks for your service and I look forward to joining the forum and taking in all the advice I can about becoming a Ranger.

-Joe.

" Dear " ?? WTF ? Are you writing us a fucking love letter college boy ?

You ride for the cycling team ? What the freaking frak ? Cycling team ? That will get you far in life, hero. What about football, rugby, or some other sport where you can actually HIT someone ! Somday, some fucking haji may want to HIT you, hard. What are ya gonna do, read a fucking book ? Ride your tricycle away ?

If you want a Ranger Tab, join some fucked leg unit and go to Ranger School. Much easier that way.

If you want to be a Ranger, then get the fuck off your tricycle seat and join a Ranger Battalion.

The " Tab " is an award....The Scroll is a way life. You choose.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "

Return to “Introduction Archive”