Introduction

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

MORTARWILD
Inprocessing

Introduction

Post by MORTARWILD »

Hello,

I am an Army Private that is just out of OSUT. Right now, I am waiting at my OSUT Battalion to get sent over to the 507th, to attend BAC. I am tracking RIP in my contract. I am ready for the challenge down the road. I intend on seeing it through, and not wasting the slot. About ten guys so far from my company that have RIP are now trying to drop the slot, they all say they would rather go to the 82nd, 173rd, or Hawaii. I guess they were told they can pick their duty station if they drop RIP. I had a Drill SGT that was wearing a Ranger Tab tell a group of us that if you drop Airborne or RIP, you will most likely go to Korea. I am sticking with my original goal of going to RIP and getting my shit, not because I don’t want to go to Korea, but because I have the want, will, and need to go to a Ranger Battalion.

I am not one to judge anybody, I have never been to a unit, and I just joined the Army. As far as I am concerned, I really don’t know shit about how the Army really works, I have a lot to learn and experience. I have enjoyed the Army so far, and have learned a lot already.

I have actually been reading this website for about a year now; I have learned a lot and gained the upper hand in getting my RIP contract at MEPS. Thank you for having this available to people like me. I look forward to continue reading this website for many years to come.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome to the site, thanks for signing up and good luck whereever you end up.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site. Glad to hear that you're on your way to earning your Beret. Stay focused on your OBJ, and never give up. Good luck, Troop.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

Welcome to the site and stay on track for your goals!
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Infantry_Soldier

Post by Steadfast »

EarthPig wrote:Welcome to the site. Glad to hear that you're on your way to earning your Beret. Stay focused on your OBJ, and never give up. Good luck, Troop.

RLTW
EP
I echo Ranger EarthPig's sentiments adding; achieving your Tan Beret will forever more open doors for you. Welcome
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and belated congratuations for joining the Army to become a Ranger. Drive on and never quit.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com and best of luck on your journey! If you will look, listen and pay attention to details, you can learn a lot here.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

Welcome to the site and the best of luck at Jump School.....!
Keep us updated for time to time......and thanks.
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome...

Ignore rumors, they spring-up like toad stools after a rain. Take your best shot at RIP. Never, never quit!!!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
MORTARWILD
Inprocessing

Post by MORTARWILD »

Rangers,

To all of your suggestions, I comprehend them as direct orders and I say, ROGER THAT. I will drive on through the objective.

The few remaining guys from my company that are going to go to RIP are highly motivated. We just went out to the PT track and ran a quick 5 mile, did a bunch of prison weight drills, and followed that up with some sets of pull-ups. I don’t want to sound too confident, but I believe I am ready to knock Airborne out. I am ready to get off of Sand Hill and the dreaded 2-58 and be over at Airborne right now.

Thanks for the welcome. I am showing my buddy this website right now; he wants to learn how to read all of a sudden.
LRP1
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by LRP1 »

Welcome
HHC 2/502 Recondo 66 -67 RVN
1FFV Echo LRP 20th INF (ABN) 67 - 68
Team 1 1
Satan's Playboys
From Hell We Rise
B Co Omega Recon CCS RT Hammer
75Th RRA Life Member 2189
Special Operations Association Member 2907-GA
Secretary, Worldwide Army Rangers, Inc

Professional Soldiers Are Predictable; The World Is full Of Dangerous Amateurs.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Welcome young Warrior. Stay focused and do not quit.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

Welcome dude! Don't quit, be at the right place, at the right time in the right uniform, perform all tasks to standard or better and don't quit. It's that easy!

Good luck.
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Nice to meet a young man who's head is on straight and who did more reading than writing during the time-frame prior to departing to serve our nation. These are challenging times in our nation's history and it's because of dedicated young men like yourself, and your buddies, that we will persevere. Thanks for stepping up when the challenge came your way and for having the initiative to continue to step forward towards accomplishing your goals.
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Go and get it man.. the beret is right there for you. Just stay out of trouble and don't do any stupid shit. DO NOT GET A DUI!. I don't know how old you are, but don't get caught drinking underage either if this applies. There will be plenty of time to enjoy a beverage later, trust me. 8)

I had a buddy who went through Airborne with me but quit RIP. Before we even started, I knew he wouldn't finish because he said that our little band of stepchildern had to try and keep each other motivated. I called BS on that. I told him that if he didn't want it, there wasn't a fucking thing that anyone could do to motivate him.

I'm not gonna say "good luck" because we make our own, just don't loose sight of why you are there.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi

Return to “Introduction Archive”