Gay Ranger or Yale Poser?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

bulldogg
Tadpole

Gay Ranger or Yale Poser?

Post by bulldogg »

Hughes: I guess there's a chronology to this. I signed up and volunteered for Ranger training to try and get into the Ranger regiment, which is the elite infantry unit of the army. After basic training and airborne training I moved to the Ranger Indoctrination Program, which is essentially a three-week hell to select candidates for the Ranger battalion. So I passed that and became a Ranger. After being in the Ranger regiment for about 8 months to a year, I went to Ranger school, which is the famous three-month course that people have heard of—- three months of plodding through mountains and swamps and whatever else Georgia has to offer. Right after I got back from Ranger school—I finished in September of 2002—was [when I was first deployed] to Afghanistan. I was in Afghanistan for 4 months. We were in the eastern mountain area of Afghanistan conducting patrols of various kinds, searching for personnel and equipment—show of force patrols—and of course the base that we were on had set up a free clinic for locals who were hurt and needed medical care.

So after that, we came back to the States and almost immediately cycled into Operation Iraqi Freedom. We started deploying for that very early in 2003. My battalion was among the first groups of people to enter Iraq. The first time I went to Iraq [was during the] Lynch rescue. And then from Nazriye, we worked our way north into Baghdad and stayed in Baghdad for a couple of months running the same kinds of special-operations missions that we were running in Afghanistan.

In April, May, and June of this year, I went back to Afghanistan. We were over there running the same kinds of missions we were doing before. I got back at the end of May to start out-processing to get my paperwork done to leave the army. I left the army in June 2004 to come here for summer school. I had saved up leaves, so I took two months of leave at the end of my tour. My final exit date from the army was Aug. 30 of this year.
http://www.yaleherald.com/article.php?Article=3482

Excerpt from an interview in the Yale Herald 09/2004. Brian Hughes claiming Ranger status. Anyone know if he is legit?
USA/87-89/91A
USAR/91-93/91E
INARNG/93-95/44B
"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam"
madslashers1-2
Ranger

Post by madslashers1-2 »

I'm doubting him off of the way he speaks concerning his service and the fact that he let himself be photographed in an army gray pt shirt (blasphemy, from what I was taught), the fact that he is gay has nothing to do with my call, but look at the wording he uses to describe his service, sounds a little fishy, but if he goes to Yale why would he be so stupid to lie in a public record, what do I know, he could be legit.
1st Plt, C Co. 2/75, OCT 02/JUN 06, (RS 09-04)
160th LRS-D, JUN 06/SEP 08
1106th TASMG, SEP 08/MAY 10
Joined the Darkside
A Co. 1/185 AR, MAY 10/Present
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

He certainly wouldn't be the first gay Yalie..
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
KeyserS175

Post by KeyserS175 »

This guy is legit. He was the Schools NCO in 1/75. He "came out" right after his ETS.
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

KeyserS175 wrote:This guy is legit. He was the Schools NCO in 1/75. He "came out" right after his ETS.

So this guy REEEEALLY shaved his legs ?
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

This link will not work for non-Rangers: viewtopic.php?t=6107&highlight=yale
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

I think I met one of the cats he knows up here. There was a 1/75 hat on the wall at a local watering hole and I asked the bartender what was up. He said that it was from one of the friends of "Gay Barry" (He's a conservative republican gay Yalie.. Go figure.. :roll:) Next time I saw this
cat Barry I asked him what the deal was. I was just wondering if his friend had a death wish or something.. Barry said, "Are you fucking kidding me! He is so in the closet is isn't even funny.." Apparently dude had been gay long before he got to Batt. and realized He would be fucking killed if he even remotely implied he was a homo.

It's gotta be the same guy!..
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

1st Batt is like the Army's SEAL team. :lol:
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

Well he served his country honorably, and now it seems as if he wants to resume being gay and continue his education. Not a choice I personally endorse (the gay part), but his to make I suppose. I'm proud of him for serving his country the way he did.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Matador275 wrote:1st Batt is like the Army's SEAL team. :lol:
What a comment to draw contrast. He doesnt look gay and is and you look gay, dress gay, walk gay, talk gay....and probably are gay.
Only difference between you and he is that he actually admits smoking poll.

Please resume fucking off. 8)
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
rgrjoe175
Tadpole

Post by rgrjoe175 »

Abell9 wrote:
What a comment to draw contrast. He doesnt look gay and is and you look gay, dress gay, walk gay, talk gay....and probably are gay.

Damn...the pastor is dead on in his assessment of the gayness exuded from Matty.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
1/75 80-83
Class 6-81
Mr_Handsome
Ranger

Post by Mr_Handsome »

does he know any hot Yalesbians :)
B Co 3/75
1996-1998
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

rgrjoe175 wrote:
Abell9 wrote:

Damn...the pastor is dead on in his assessment of the gayness exuded from Matty.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Matty for what it s worth - these "hicks" got gay mixed up with classy metrosexual - Remember you can take the "hick" out of the sticks but you can't take the sticks out of the "hick".

running for cover :|
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Abell9 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Mr_Handsome wrote:does he know any hot Yalesbians :)
Trust me brother, there are none.. the smokin' hetero chicks, however, are in abundance.. At least once a week I get to see one passed out half nekked and drunk!

Babs Bush would get loose of her SS handlers every couple of weeks and wind up passed out shit-faced drunk in 4 point restraints in the ER. No fucking exaggeration.

I know, I know.. without pics blah, blah, blah.. Sadly, no pictures exist that I know of. I would be sooooo fucking fired and loose that cush FD job I'm trying for. (we already have one guy under investigation for impropriety..)

I do however know right where the medical records are kept.. Just gimmie full name and DOB..
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

Return to “The Mosh Pit”