Uniform

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

I think the Army has floated a few proposals out there for uniform changes with respect to the camoflauge patterns in use. If someone would like to post a link that would be great. However, SF usually has a bit more latitude in what they wear as their mission is different than that of the regular army and they may be required to operate autonomously without support for some time and have a requirement to blend in with local indigenous personnel.
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Rangers also wear slanted pockets but they still wear the standard Army desert and woodland fatigues.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Talked to my bud (Regt ForceMod NCO) about a month ago and he showed me the new BDU's for the Army. Digital-type pattern, small pockets on the sleeves, different cut, and the reg Army is a zip-up BDU top. The ones the Regt are getting are essentially the same, but with a button up top. He estimated delivery date sometime soon (month or so).
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

The Stryker Brigade has new uniforms that may fit your description. I also saw a picture of CSM Kelso wearing the new uniform. It may or may not be what you saw.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

The one I saw was the prototype, so it will/has probably changed into something completely different!!

Return to “Personal Gear”