Pre-Qual Training complete!

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
someguy
Tadpole

Pre-Qual Training complete!

Post by someguy »

Well, graduation from airborne is tomorrow. Delta company sucks ass. Our final jump claimed a lot of people... the overcast was absolutley horrible. It was impossible to see the ground yet alone the canopy; PLF's with the gear still strapped to you are not fun.

In the process of my training I changed my contact and am now an 18x-ray. The intellect required for the program is what really attracted me; I'm shooting for 18D. Preparing for RIP has gotten me into some kick ass shape. Getting bussed up to FT. Bragg tomorrow to begin SOPC processing I will continue to list my progress as I drive on. Once again, thank you for all the kick ass information and support.
Pirate.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Congratulations on completing school.

Change of plans then? ok, drive on with what you've got Airborne! Keep us posted in your new career path.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Best of luck to you at Bragg.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Slims

Post by Slims »

Good luck.

Don't quit.
Last edited by Slims on December 3rd, 2008, 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
someguy
Tadpole

Post by someguy »

A little bit more on Airborne school. We had a shit ton of injuries... my buddy did a PLF onto his rucksack last night on our final jump. Shit was pretty hillarious. *SWOOOOO THUMP* "MOTHERFUCKER!" I had the oppertunity to be 1st man off the bird on one of the jumps because another guy was assigned the spot and he just about started crying. I was psyched about it. We had the oppertunity to do the 250 foot tower which was pretty cool. One guy was dropped into the wind and slammed into the tower... he hung on for his life at about 180 feet till the cadre climbed up and got him.

Overall it was awesome. Delta company is the shit eating company so that wasn't too fun but I met a lot of great guys. A couple of guys had just completed selection and they really motivated the fuck out of me. Just outstanding guys with great attitudes.

For you guys headed to airborne school, talk to people. A lot of great information and many studs are in those ranks. Stay away from shitbags and just enjoy yourself. I came there with a fear of heights and I overcame that fear pretty fuckin' quick.
Last edited by someguy on October 26th, 2010, 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pirate.
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

Sounds like Jump School when I was there,and remember, "any landing you can walk away from is a good landing". :lol:

Best of luck at Bragg and keep us posted.
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
GSXRanger
Ranger

Re: Pre-Qual Training complete!

Post by GSXRanger »

someguy wrote:Well, graduation from airborne is tomorrow. Delta company sucks ass. Our final jump claimed a lot of people... the overcast was absolutley horrible. It was impossible to see the ground yet alone the canopy; PLF's with the gear still strapped to you are not fun.

In the process of my training I changed my contact and am now an 18x-ray. The intellect required for the program is what really attracted me; I'm shooting for 18D. Preparing for RIP has gotten me into some kick ass shape. Getting bussed up to FT. Bragg tomorrow to begin SOPC processing I will continue to list my progress as I drive on. Once again, thank you for all the kick ass information and support.
So, being a Ranger in Battalion does not require as much INTELLECT as being an 18 series guy at Group? :roll:

Good luck Stud.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
someguy
Tadpole

Post by someguy »

Selected! Start CLT January 3rd.
Pirate.
soldiersdad
Ranger Dad

Post by soldiersdad »

CLT--- CERTIFIED LIVESTOCK TRANSPORTER?