Shipping 20080604

Basic & AIT
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Good luck. Invest that money and you could have six figures waiting for you after your enlistment- or, don't be a pussy and spend it on lapdances and beer. 8)
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Good luck.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Kick ass, and don't stop until the party's over. Best of luck to you!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
DRM
Paratrooper

Post by DRM »

Jim wrote:What are you going to do with all that money?
Ranger Jim,

I plan on investing 70% of whatever is left after taxes into mutual funds. I've been planning on this for a long time, and over 20 years or so, the possible yearly return could be 6 or 7 figures if I play my cards right. I want my midlife years to go as smoothly as possible, especially when it comes time for me to start a family. Honestly, I just don't want to struggle to make ends meet. I've been blessed to have this opportunity, and I damn sure won't waste it.

I'm going to take $1,000 and put it into a checking account to keep in case of emergencies (car repairs, house maintenance, etc.) and I'll put whatever money is taken out back in so that I maintain an emergency fund at all times. I'm also going to start an IRA and put around $300 a month into it.

Whatever is left after all of that is going towards whatever purchases I want to make.

-DRM
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

DRM wrote:
Jim wrote:What are you going to do with all that money?
Ranger Jim,

I plan on investing 70% of whatever is left after taxes into mutual funds. I've been planning on this for a long time, and over 20 years or so, the possible yearly return could be 6 or 7 figures if I play my cards right. I want my midlife years to go as smoothly as possible, especially when it comes time for me to start a family. Honestly, I just don't want to struggle to make ends meet. I've been blessed to have this opportunity, and I damn sure won't waste it.

I'm going to take $1,000 and put it into a checking account to keep in case of emergencies (car repairs, house maintenance, etc.) and I'll put whatever money is taken out back in so that I maintain an emergency fund at all times. I'm also going to start an IRA and put around $300 a month into it.

Whatever is left after all of that is going towards whatever purchases I want to make.

-DRM
Holy Shit!

I just knocked out 25 and 1 for that.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!

Return to “About OSUT”