Adventure Racing

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
RGR_Dan
Ranger

Adventure Racing

Post by RGR_Dan »

Anyone in here (former Battboys) compete in adventure races? I'm thinking about getting into shape for it. Its alot easier to do PT with a specific goal in mind.ie racing.
95-98 Aco. 3/75 2nd plt Weapons Sqd
98-01Hco 121st LRS
Former LEO
Former Contractor
LEO (round 2)
MikeP
Embryo

Post by MikeP »

Hi there Ranger DAN, I have competed in quite a few adventure races and if you're still up for this sort of thing then I would definitely reccomend it. I started getting into adventure racing when I met my fiance who runs an adventure race website and competes in races herself. I have to be honest and say that at first I thought that it was complete nonsense after doing this sort of thing for a living. I competed in my first race having done very little training and found that as I have always kept myself reasonably fit and I had experience of this sort of thing from my days in the REP it was easy enough to get back into it. It hurt a lot of the time but I loved it and loved the fact that I was pretty good as well.
Adventure racing has kept me fit, I will be 40 this year and I am pretty much as strong and fit as I always was.

Check out www.eventrate.com that's my fiances site and there's plenty of info there.
2eme Rep 2eme Cie

Return to “About Army Physical Training”