Frapping

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
Sams RV Park

Frapping

Post by Sams RV Park »

Saw a lot of questions on frapping, specifically what it was. Lots of crpytic answers. Went on yahoo and had my answer in 10 seconds.

http://hem.passagen.se/tkolb/fun/skyd/sdgloss_e.htm

Here's my question. Ranger Holmstrom commented that "It all starts to suck after seeing all your friends frapping in one by one after a while." Basically I'm wondering how common frapping is.

It seems to me, although being a dumbass with no experience, that it can't be too common or else the number of jumps would be more limited.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

Parker
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

it's not a common occurence in the sense that it will happen on every jump. just doesn't happen. but you can have that bad jump where 3 guys might burn(frap) in. one of the realities of the Airborne lifestyle. take it or leave it.

I'LL TAKE IT ANYDAY.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Ranger Hopps
Ranger

Post by Ranger Hopps »

Frap

Getting killed in a skydiving accident.
OK, i can accept that, but there is one question i do have, what is usually the major cause for this?

Hopps
1/75 Feb. '05-Jul '08

RS class 04-07

Ranger Saltbitch wrote: "...you will face fear and pain. Do not stop, do not listen; it will only give you excuses to quit."
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Hopps wrote:
Frap

Getting killed in a skydiving accident.
OK, i can accept that, but there is one question i do have, what is usually the major cause for this?

Hopps
There are numerous causes for burning in.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Hopps wrote:OK, i can accept that, but there is one question i do have, what is usually the major cause for this?
Hopps
Gravity and the sudden ceasation of velocity. :lol:
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

EarthPig wrote:
Hopps wrote:OK, i can accept that, but there is one question i do have, what is usually the major cause for this?
Hopps
RLTW
EP
:lol: :lol: :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

EarthPig wrote:
Hopps
RLTW
EP
EP, that IS the gist of it! You said it all. It is akin to your signature. Post-Explosion! :wink:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ranger Hopps
Ranger

Post by Ranger Hopps »

EarthPig wrote:
Hopps
RLTW
EP
I should have expected this :lol:

Hopps
1/75 Feb. '05-Jul '08

RS class 04-07

Ranger Saltbitch wrote: "...you will face fear and pain. Do not stop, do not listen; it will only give you excuses to quit."
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Hopps wrote:
EarthPig wrote:
Hopps
RLTW
EP
I should have expected this :lol:

Hopps
:lol: HOOAH AIRBORNE!!!
rgrjoe175
Tadpole

Post by rgrjoe175 »

what is with some of the fag looking avatars? when your number is up...it is up...plain and simply... malfunctions come in threes.. least in the civie world... do your job and just fooking jump. If shit happens do what you were trained to do.
1/75 80-83
Class 6-81
Ranger Hopps
Ranger

Post by Ranger Hopps »

Hooah

FoodBoy
1/75 Feb. '05-Jul '08

RS class 04-07

keithlester
Embryo

Post by keithlester »

On top of the dangers of deceleration trauma, (that pesky sudden stop at the end), there also exists the very real danger of drop-zone poisoning.
11B1P
3/47 Inf. (199th Bde), Ft Lewis '90-93
1/509 PIR (JRTC), Ft Polk '93-94
1/116 Inf. (29th ID, Light)
Airborne School @ B co. 1/507, 1990
Penelope BagO'Dicks

Post by Penelope BagO'Dicks »

To answer your question bro, some reasons for malfuntions and burning in are basically this. Two types of malfuntions, partial and total. Partial creates some lift, while total provides no lift. The reaons that malfunctions occur can be either from in proper rigging, ect, or from how you exit the bird. Weak exits can twist you and prop blasts can effect the deployment of your shoot. There are many more reasons out there, I would suggest picking up airborne ops FM or training manual, one of which should have a better answer.

Return to “About Airborne School”