Signing Contract Wednesday

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
SpeedyEJL
Paratrooper

Signing Contract Wednesday

Post by SpeedyEJL »

For the past year I've been enrolled in ROTC in the "just trying it out category." I shaved a crap load of weight, got my APFT up and above standards, and got my grades somewhat in order.

I'm going into my sophomore year and have been offered a 3 year full scholarship. I know the contract isn't nearly as flexible for add ons like a normal enlistment. I don't think there are any cool little known things I can get squeezed in there but I'm also oblivious on how to work the system.

Thanks,
Eric
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Congratulations. You have a great opportunity being presented to you. The "add-ons" will be on your part: to live up to your committments and to finish at or near the top of your class.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Congrats. There are no add-ons. Perform and you'll be offered school slots during the summer. I did Airborne and Northern Warfare and loved both.

I know you don't need to be told this, but; don't screw it up. I have a ton of stories about ROTC cadets losing scholorships and careers over stupid, stupid stuff. Keep your head above the rest of the morons in college.

Oh, and that sinking 'I just signed my life away' feeling will go away after a few beers. :D
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
ChipOnShoulder

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

Congrats!!!

Once a long, long time ago I was an ROTC Cadet but I did not sign anything and did not get pass the "try it out" part for two reasons:

#1. I was a shitbag when it came to academics. I was a good cadet on the hill, just really bad in the math/science/Engwwishhh class rooms.

#2. Some of the senior "3rd Lt.'s" got their branches and were literally in alligator tears. It seemed that they did outstanding as students, went to schools like air assault and jump school in the summer, chose the standard branches of Infantry 1st, Armor 2nd, and MI 3rd...But then got Finance, Transportaion, or Chemical Corp.

One or two of the cadets in my class that I bumped into later on in Batt. got Infantry, but it was definately lopsided. I am not saying this will happen to you, I am just saying that it happened.
IDon'tCare
Ranger

Post by IDon'tCare »

Thanks for the update SpeedyEJL. Keep up on your PT.
A co 2/75 80-84
Ranger class 12-82
SERE Instructor class 1-83

Mentor to Prodigy922 / KW12 / whiskeytango
SpeedyEJL
Paratrooper

Post by SpeedyEJL »

Thanks everyone, went in and got my contract signed and enlisted.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Good job! Keep up the PT and do well.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"

Return to “Recruitment Process”