Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

NoGo
Egg

Introduction

Post by NoGo »

Howdy, Rangers. My name is Luis and I am in the FLARNG. I enlisted on 20061215, as a 68W. I received a bonus of $15k with my enlistment. My ship date is 20070608, location: Ft. Jackson.

I took the ASVAB on Oct 26 2006 results are as follows:
AFQT: 60 GM 110 EL: 109 CL 107 MM: 110 SC: 108 CO: 108 Fa: 108 OF: 109 ST:108

I administered myself a PT test today at at 10pm, results are as follows:

2 Min. Push ups: 74
2 Min. Sit ups: 63
2 Min Run: 12: 36

I will redo test tomorrow because I feel push up results are inflated a little, I think I might not have been going down to a full 90%s, tomorrow I will ask a trainer at my gym to keep count and make sure I perform every push up in the correct fashion. I will also test myself in pull ups.

A little about myself:

My days now revolve around hanging out with my friends, going to parties, and getting laid :D, (I don't if that was an improper thing to say and I mean no disrespect to any females browsing the forum). I joined th Military because I want to serve my country and have a little fun. I never really cared about what service I would join just as long as I was serving. I feel that soldiers/marines/sailors/aviators get pride from what they do and that pride is what I want, and that pride is what I'm willing to push myself to achieve. Before I joined the Guard I was being pressured by my parents to go NAVY, either follow the path of my father and be on a sub or attempt to become a SEAL. They also were talking to me about becoming a PJ. Both of these options don't feel right to me. So I talked them into the Guard, I told them it would give me a chance to be in a service and go to school at the same time. School is very easy for me so I plan to start college in the fall and down the line be commissioned as an O, my childhood goal in life. I feel that getting a degree is worth more then doing all these things now. I believe that I can be of a greater service to my country as an Officer. God willing I will be able accomplish this.

Military service in my family is not mandatory but it's expected. I am an only child and my parents have showed me always to be the best. They never as a child let me say that I could not do something. I thank them for this every single day. I will go to BCT and do my best. Push myself to the limit. I hope that BCT & AIT will be the experience that I've been told as a child it will be, something that will change my life.

I have been drilling since January and have hated drilling with the non-infantry DEPs since day 1. I do not wish to dishonor the Guard but I will say that I hope that once I get to my Unit the standards will be higher and mediocrity will not be sufficient.

I have been browsing, reading through the forum since January and I have learned much. If I would have known some of the things I know know I might be on the path to becoming a Ranger, but I enlisted with the Guard and I will honor that commitment. I don't know if later on in my future I will have the honor the say I am a Ranger, but I sure hope I do.

Thank you Rangers, and God Bless America!
BCT shipdate: 20070608
Capellanus
Ranger

Post by Capellanus »

Nova wrote:I have been drilling since January and have hated drilling with the non-infantry DEPs since day 1. I do not wish to dishonor the Guard but I will say that I hope that once I get to my Unit the standards will be higher and mediocrity will not be sufficient.
Welcome to our home. I hate to drop bad news on you but it is unlikely that the standards will be higher once you get to your unit. Once you come home from Basic and or AIT it will even be worst because you will be standing at parade rest in front of senior NCOs who will tell you to relax and call me "Bob."
RGR Capellanus
6th RTB (Jun 12-present)
2/75 Rgr. Bn. ( July 10-Jun 11)
1-32 IN, 3BCT, 10th MTN, DIV (07-10)
B Co. 1/75 Rgr. Bn. (92-97)
RGR Class 8-94
OEF (Aug 11-Dec 11)
OEF (Oct 10-Jan 11)
OEF IX/X (Jan 09-Jan 10)
"As Iron sharpens Iron, so one man sharpens another" (Proverbs 27:7)
gijoe7.62
Tadpole

Post by gijoe7.62 »

Welcome, PM inbound.
“Why am I not in bed, like everyone else, dead to the world? Why do I do this, live with the constant pain, the suffering, the sacrifice? Why? Because I can. Because pain tells me I’m awake. Reminds me I’m alive."

"AIRBORNE"
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome to the site and thank you for your desire to serve our great country.
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Welcome here.

Now that that is out of the way :lol:

Can you DEPs please stop saying "Howdy". You are not introducing yourself to a hot, long lost cousin from Arkansas...

That is all
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

nightfighter 6 wrote:Nova - noun -" a star that suddenly increases its light output tremendously and then fades aaway to its former obscurity in a few months or years. " Interesting choice of username. :roll:

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com
In Spanish, Nova means "won't go".
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Pretty good introduction. Sounds like you have a plan. Why are you at this site?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
NoGo
Egg

Post by NoGo »

Ranger Jim I am here to learn.
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

Nova wrote:Ranger Jim I am here to learn.
You seem to have done your homework as far as what's expected of you here.

I didn't see any mention of what branch you're interested in if you get your commission. Are you planning on serving as an O in the Guard, or going active duty if you get commissioned?

Welcome NoGo...I mean Nova. :D
NoGo
Egg

Post by NoGo »

Ranger Invictus, I plan to go active duty after college, with either the Army or Marine Corps.

Ranger Cliv03, will work on sit ups.
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Welcome to the site NoGo.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Nova wrote:Ranger Jim I am here to learn.
Disappointing response -- that's kind of vague. I expected more. Please tell us what unit you are going to enlist for in the FLARNG. As an example, there is the 53d Infantry Brigade, 3d Battalion -- 20th Special Forces Group, a medical unit, air defense unit and a couple of aviation units. Do you intend to apply for Ranger School?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"