Chinese Headache Cure.....No Shit....

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
ChipOnShoulder

Chinese Headache Cure.....No Shit....

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

When I was really young....I'm talkin' 11 years old...I used to get really bad headaches...The fuckin kind where it feels like someone is pounding me on the head with a monkey wrench.

My father was selected to accompany two Chinese nationals while they were working with his company, Pacific Bell. One of the two did not say a fuckin' word edgewise, while the other one did nothing but talk and bring gifts from China. We were visiting Half Dome about an hour from where I lived and I got one huge assed headache from hell. I mean, granted I was young at the time, but I do remember the pains from headaches.

The Chinaman that did not say shit, took my left hand and pinched the fuck out of the web between my index finger and thumb. It was so hard that I though he was cutting my fuckin' hand off. After he released it, my headache was gone......To this day, when I get mindspliting headaches I do the what he did and its gone in a matter of seconds.

It turns out that the guy that talked the most and brought gifts was there to make sure nobody defected...My father said this was probably so since he did not know jack shit about telecommunications or even simple electric engineering.

Take it for what its worth since most view it as Quackery medicine, but I shit you not - It Works.
bulldogg
Tadpole

Post by bulldogg »

I know whereof you speak Doc... I'm in the middle of the beast right now and there is a lot more "tricks" to be learned from some of the old timers about. Especially in reflexology and the use of herbs. I'm takin some stuff now that is MELTING the fat off, literally.
USA/87-89/91A
USAR/91-93/91E
INARNG/93-95/44B
"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam"
Chiron
Ranger

Re: Chinese Headache Cure.....No Shit....

Post by Chiron »

Doc Cook wrote:When I was really young....I'm talkin' 11 years old..
Really! When I was young I'm talking like 20 years old, man you fucking make me feel old.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Black 6
Ranger

Post by Black 6 »

The pressure point in the web of your hand is good for that, as others are for other things in the rest of your body. I have always found the Temporal as well as the ones between your eyes at the top of the nose (can't remember what they are called at the moment) was effective on headaches for me.
2/75 Blacksheep 92-93, 1/9 93-94
1759 society member

"You will know me by the scars I bear.
You will know me by the hate I swear."-OTEP

01010011 01110000 01100001 01110010 01110100 01100001 01101110 00101111 01001000 01100101 01110010 01101111 00101110
bulldogg
Tadpole

Post by bulldogg »

USA/87-89/91A
USAR/91-93/91E
INARNG/93-95/44B
rgrjoe175
Tadpole

Post by rgrjoe175 »

bulldogg wrote:I know whereof you speak Doc... I'm in the middle of the beast right now and there is a lot more "tricks" to be learned from some of the old timers about. Especially in reflexology and the use of herbs. I'm takin some stuff now that is MELTING the fat off, literally.
You need to let us FOGs know what this stuff is that is MELTING the fat off. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doc - my grandfather tought me to do that for headaches when I was a kid. I have no clue where he learned it.

JP
1/75 80-83
Class 6-81
bulldogg
Tadpole

Post by bulldogg »

Roger that, PM inbound.
USA/87-89/91A
USAR/91-93/91E
INARNG/93-95/44B
Black 6
Ranger

Post by Black 6 »

Why the hell are you keeping it a secret? You think only rgrjoe175 needs to shed a few pounds? I know I could stand to lose quiet a few myself.
2/75 Blacksheep 92-93, 1/9 93-94
1759 society member

"You will know me by the scars I bear.
You will know me by the hate I swear."-OTEP

01010011 01110000 01100001 01110010 01110100 01100001 01101110 00101111 01001000 01100101 01110010 01101111 00101110
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Black 6 wrote:Why the hell are you keeping it a secret? You think only rgrjoe175 needs to shed a few pounds? I know I could stand to lose quiet a few myself.

That is what I was going to say
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
ChipOnShoulder

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

Doc - my grandfather tought me to do that for headaches when I was a kid. I have no clue where he learned it.

JP[/quote]

Some Chinaman showed it to him when he had a splitting assed headache at the age of 11...Guaranteed...
bulldogg
Tadpole

Post by bulldogg »

Alright, here it is...

The Chinese doc has me drinking a tea twice a day made from mostly pine needles and lemon rind. The chinese name for the pine needles you need is MA HUANG. Don't buy the supplements, you have to get to a Chinese store and buy the actual little green pointy things. I can ship from here if you can't locate locally.

You add a teaspoon of fresh lemon rind and two tablespoons of ma huang to a cup of boiling water. Let it steep for about 10 minutes, remove any floating shit and drink.

You drink one cup twice a day. Once in the AM when you rise and one right before lunch. It lowers your appetite and seriously boosts your metabolic rate. I'm dropping a pound a week with it and weeks when I can get into the gym to run I drop double that. Do NOT drink this in the afternoon or you will not be able to sleep till after midnight.

Hope this helps. If you want to try it and can't find the right stuff let me know and I'll sort it out for ya.
USA/87-89/91A
USAR/91-93/91E
INARNG/93-95/44B
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

bulldogg wrote:Alright, here it is...

The Chinese doc has me drinking a tea twice a day made from mostly pine needles and lemon rind. The chinese name for the pine needles you need is MA HUANG. Don't buy the supplements, you have to get to a Chinese store and buy the actual little green pointy things. I can ship from here if you can't locate locally.

You add a teaspoon of fresh lemon rind and two tablespoons of ma huang to a cup of boiling water. Let it steep for about 10 minutes, remove any floating shit and drink.

You drink one cup twice a day. Once in the AM when you rise and one right before lunch. It lowers your appetite and seriously boosts your metabolic rate. I'm dropping a pound a week with it and weeks when I can get into the gym to run I drop double that. Do NOT drink this in the afternoon or you will not be able to sleep till after midnight.

Hope this helps. If you want to try it and can't find the right stuff let me know and I'll sort it out for ya.
Indeed?!.... (Hesays like Mr. Spock, with raised eyebrow..)

I'll let you know. There are a few no shit, real chineese herbalists here in town... :wink:
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

A Glock is a great cure for headaches too....of course you can only cure it once. :twisted:

Seriously though, I sympathize with others who get frequent head pounders. I take 2000 mg of Ibuprofen a day. For me it works better than anything else. Acupuncture works though I've never tried it. It was dismissed as quackery three decades ago but now hundreds of medical doctors in the US practice acupuncture. It's the only anesthetic used for most surgeries in China and people remain conscious the whole time.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
bulldogg
Tadpole

Post by bulldogg »

The Sleepy Doc wrote:
Indeed?!.... (Hesays like Mr. Spock, with raised eyebrow..)

I'll let you know. There are a few no shit, real chineese herbalists here in town... :wink:
No worries SleepyDoc, I did hear rumour that in some places in the US now the Ma Huang pills have been made a classified drug because they were being used as a precursor to making meth. But you should have no trouble with the real plant parts themselves.

Hobbit, there are still some people who use acupuncture for surgical anesthetic in China but it is really rare now. During the Cultural Revolution all the trained doctors were rounded up and re-educated... the art was lost. In the 1980's Chinese travelled to overseas Chinese communities and the back country of China to re-learn that which was lost. China's medical system is an exact replica of the Soviet medical system from the medical colleges to the hospitals. Even the new private hospitals are mimics and anesthesia is inadequate and Rx's for pain control are non-existant.
USA/87-89/91A
USAR/91-93/91E
INARNG/93-95/44B
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

There is a great Bill Moyers special where he follows this Harvard trained western doc around China and learns about all the traditional chineese medicine.

They have a specialty in massage, just like we have orthopedics. The teacher was saying that students are only allowed to touch a person once they are strong enough to grind a bag of millet seed to dust with their hands.

The guy who practices tai chi/chi gong in the park at 6 am is also pretty cool...all Mr. Myagi-like and shit...(He'll only teach you if you show up everyday for 3 years..)

Very interesting, if you dig that kind of shit. I know that most of what they practice has some scientific basis.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi

Return to “Medical Issues”