Migraines

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

You want me to show a lil trick I learned to take your mind off those migraines?
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
bulldogg
Tadpole

Post by bulldogg »

Xcrunner, I received your PM and your reply is sent.

For anyone else reading who is thinking about enlisting and has migraines and is even thinking this I will offer this...
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be. One-hundred-percent and then some.
If in doubt about the meaning of these words I'm sure a Ranger here on this site can enlighten you.
USA/87-89/91A
USAR/91-93/91E
INARNG/93-95/44B
"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam"
bulldogg
Tadpole

Post by bulldogg »

Xcrunner, for fucks sake son, you told me you weren't seeing a doctor for them, ie you aren't being medicated, right?? And you've run with one, right? I'd call that NOT INTERFERING, copy? The recurrent headaches MUST meet the criteria that follow, that's what the THAT means.

If you go into MEPS all wishy washy sounding like you aren't sure and you "hope" you'll get what you want... they will eat you alive. Read closely and carefully the info Ranger Fish has given you. If that is NOT you then fucking sound off like its not you and take that to MEPS with you. You need to be confident and sound like you know that you are good to go. The MDs at MEPS are not looking to qualify you, they are looking to find a reason to send your ass to flip burgers at the Tasty Freeze. Don't give 'em the chance.

If you were straight with me then you are a GO and you need to realise that and then move out and take that Option 40. Look yourself in the mirror, right now, ask yourself "What the fuck do I really want?" And sound off so your momma comes running cuz she's worried her baby rubbed one out on her rug.
USA/87-89/91A
USAR/91-93/91E
INARNG/93-95/44B
bulldogg
Tadpole

Post by bulldogg »

You be sure to look that MEPS doc in the eye and tell him in no uncertain terms that you have never missed a day of school, missed a test, skipped church or even laid down to rest because of a headache. That you have never been prescribed nor taken medication for a headache. If it were me I'd get ol Doc USAF to write a nice letter telling the doctors you are a stud and that your migraines are extremely mild and have never caused you any trouble at any time, ever. Go into MEPS loaded for bear. No one ever got anything they wanted in life from hoping it would happen- plan, prepare and attack it.
USA/87-89/91A
USAR/91-93/91E
INARNG/93-95/44B
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

XCrunner - perhaps you should get a second medical opinion, maybe even a third one, regarding your condition.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Ranger175csar
Ranger

Post by Ranger175csar »

XCrunner wrote:Well, the headache kind of hurts, not that bad. And there is usually about a half hour where I get some specks in my vision, but I can still see pretty good. I think the vision thing is what will get me. I only get migraines maybe once a month. Thanks...

Edit: Basically, I feel like I could drive on, I'll talk to the recruiter and see if he feels it would be irresponsible, I don't think it would, but I want this really bad so who knows. I hope this works out.
Look, I get migraines.. they are not just a little head thumper adn last about a half hour.. Mine feel like I'm beind beat in the head with a bat, toss up some lunch sometimes too, and I'm lucky if I can get rid of it in less than 1 to 1-1/2 hours WITH medicine and and Ice pack on my skull with a blanket pulled over my head to block out the blinding light... thats a fucken migrain.. take some motrin and drive on
Collins

1/75 HHC 94-96 S-4
RIP CLASS 7-94

Fuck em if they cant take a joke.....

Return to “Medical Issues”