Reserves and Ranger School

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
NS_Raider
Embryo

Reserves and Ranger School

Post by NS_Raider »

I know there was a post already discussing this topic but it turned more into another smoker with little useful information.
So I know have to get the ok form Reserve Command, but if I enlist under a Combat Arms MOS and have a mostly clean record, is there a feasible possibility I could get the green light to go to Ranger School? I'll even take off a year before college to go through all the training, but I guess that's a given.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Are you Xavin?

If so, brace for impact.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Looon
Ranger

Re: Reserves and Ranger School

Post by Looon »

NS_Raider wrote:I know there was a post already discussing this topic but it turned more into another smoker with little useful information.
Who's got the buttered popcorn?
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
NS_Raider
Embryo

Post by NS_Raider »

no, I'm not Xavin. If I'm about to get smoked for asking this question, I'll just back down right now and save you the trouble. I'm assuming you can't do both, so let me rephrase my question: Is there a way I can become a ranger AND go to college? A recruiter told me it was possible but he wasn't too specific.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

NS_Raider wrote:no, I'm not Xavin. If I'm about to get smoked for asking this question, I'll just back down right now and save you the trouble. I'm assuming you can't do both, so let me rephrase my question: Is there a way I can become a ranger AND go to college? A recruiter told me it was possible but he wasn't too specific.
Dude, sack up. But to answer your question, going to Ranger School and serving in batt are two different things.

I'm not current on Reserves going to RS, but rest assured if you went to rs as a reserve, you would be doing nothing except attending RS. College you can do later.

That answer it for you?
NS_Raider
Embryo

Post by NS_Raider »

It pretty much did. Thanks Ranger Badmuther. Looks like I'll have to find a different way to accomplish both.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Your welcome.
CakerX
Embryo

Post by CakerX »

if you really wanna be a weekend warrior with a tab go national guard.

Then find yourself an infantry unity, they are usually on the only ones with slots. High speed infantry units even in the guard will PUSH you to go to ranger school

edit: considering this myself.
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

I heard there was a really squared away GA NG LRS unit.... :D
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Invictus wrote:I heard there was a really squared away GA NG LRS unit.... :D

You heard wrong!
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”