Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

NS_Raider
Embryo

Introduction

Post by NS_Raider »

Greetings Rangers. I am an aspiring Ranger/Green Beret, depending on enlistment options. I am currently 17 and a junior in high school. I almost enlisted in the National Guard at one point as a radio operator but pulled out due to contract issues, and the parents didn't like it. I will most definitely join the Army in one way or another when I turn 18, so that's why I'm here for guidance. My preferred MOS is combat engineer (gotta got to love them explosives!). I want to give a big salute to all the personnel in our Armed Forces and hope to join their ranks very soon.
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Welcome. Combat engeneer eh...?
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Engineer (Slip of the digit)
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
EvilCouch
Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by EvilCouch »

NS_Raider wrote:Greetings Rangers. I am an aspiring Ranger/Green Beret, depending on enlistment options. I am currently 17 and a junior in high school. I almost enlisted in the National Guard at one point as a radio operator but pulled out due to contract issues, and the parents didn't like it. I will most definitely join the Army in one way or another when I turn 18, so that's why I'm here for guidance. My preferred MOS is combat engineer (gotta got to love them explosives!). I want to give a big salute to all the personnel in our Armed Forces and hope to join their ranks very soon.
You sound pretty confused. You need to do some more reading on Regiment and SF and then decide what you want to do.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
NS_Raider
Embryo

Post by NS_Raider »

The problem is there is so much I want to do. I want to be a Ranger, a Green Beret, and go to college. The only problem is finding a way through the enlistment loopholes to accomplish this. It's not confusion. Add a commission somewhere in my career and I'm on the gravy train riding on biscuit wheels.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

NS_Raider wrote:The problem is there is so much I want to do. I want to be a Ranger, a Green Beret, and go to college. The only problem is finding a way through the enlistment loopholes to accomplish this. It's not confusion. Add a commission somewhere in my career and I'm on the gravy train riding on biscuit wheels.
Well, now, I guess it's time for a little values clarification. I realize that at this point in your life, you see endless possibilities -- with good reason. Be honest with yourself, focus on what general goals you want to set for yourself, and then determine what you have to do to achieve these goals. In the meantime, please look at serving as a member of the 75th Ranger Regiment. If that is your goal, you came to the right place. Begin by reading all the FAQs, and selected stickies and threads. Read the Ranger creed and ponder its impact on your life. As a member of the Ranger Regiment you will have the opportunity to learn many of the skills associated with Combat Engineering (lots of explosive noises). On the other hand, I need to caution you that you will have to dedicate yourself to earning your way. Nothing worth having is given to you -- it is obtained the hard way -- it must be earned by your efforts. Please tell us what efforty you have been making to prepare yourself for service in the Ranger Regiment.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

NS_Raider wrote:The problem is there is so much I want to do. I want to be a Ranger, a Green Beret, and go to college. The only problem is finding a way through the enlistment loopholes to accomplish this. It's not confusion. Add a commission somewhere in my career and I'm on the gravy train riding on biscuit wheels.
You are exactly the kind of guy leg land needs, and that's exactly where you will end up. So before you waste some studs option 40, sort your self out and do your homework. Less than 1% of all soldiers in the military have accomplished what you want to do, or say you want to do. Your city probably has more people in it than have ever graduated Ranger school. Your high school, depending on your city, probably has more students then there are active duty Regimental Rangers. Triple tabbers are few and far between even in the SOF community, triple tab officers number only in the hundreds. In Battalion only the best of the best of the best of the officers make it in and your biology class has more students than their numbers.

So after all of that, what makes you so special to think that you can just throw around the idea of being a Ranger, SF or officer with such carelessness? We've seen many like you come and go and 99% with your initial attidude and cluelessness never make it. You are a kid raised on too much liberal bullshit and "everyone gets a medal" bravado to accomplish much. It is not entirely your fault, you are simply a product of an emasculated society.

I love to be proved wrong because I so rarely am, but do so with your actions and not your posts. And when you do post you had better be respectfull of the men that have accomplished things that you could never dream of, and if you see a Ranger under their name then address them as "Ranger" so and so. Do this, read, run, do PT and you might have a chance, but probably not...
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
NS_Raider
Embryo

Post by NS_Raider »

I am the farthest thing from a liberal. I'm not the type to fall for the smooth talk of a recruiter. My goals are to become a Ranger and a Green Beret. period. I did my research as well. I have at least 5 books in my room dealing with the Special Forces and Rangers and God knows how many dealing with the military in general. I know I want these things and I signed on to this site to find a way to accomphish them. I'm not treating this lightly at all. I know you have your doubts about me but you show me how, and I will be glad to prove you wrong.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

NS_Raider wrote:Rangers, I am the farthest thing from a liberal. I'm not the type to fall for the smooth talk of a recruiter. My goals are to become a Ranger and a Green Beret. period. I did my research as well. I have at least 5 books in my room dealing with the Special Forces and Rangers and God knows how many dealing with the military in general. I know I want these things and I signed on to this site to find a way to accomphish them. I'm not treating this lightly at all. I know you have your doubts about me but you show me how, and I will be glad to prove you wrong.
You are not speaking to the masses. You are speaking to Rangers and you will address Rangers correctly or you will be walking & talking elsewhere. Time for you to re-read the FAQ's.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

1). When addressing a Ranger or Veteran on this board, address them as such.

2). You would do well to heed Redwing's words.

3). A Green Beret is something that goes on your head.

4). Shut the Fuck Up. If your desire is to educate yourself, you have a plethora of knowledge available to you here. Be intelligent enough to realize that and take advantage. Wannabe's who post too much here don't tend to last long.

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Jim wrote:
Well, now, I guess it's time for a little values clarification. I realize that at this point in your life, you see endless possibilities -- with good reason. Be honest with yourself, focus on what general goals you want to set for yourself, and then determine what you have to do to achieve these goals. In the meantime, please look at serving as a member of the 75th Ranger Regiment. If that is your goal, you came to the right place. Begin by reading all the FAQs, and selected stickies and threads. Read the Ranger creed and ponder its impact on your life. As a member of the Ranger Regiment you will have the opportunity to learn many of the skills associated with Combat Engineering (lots of explosive noises). On the other hand, I need to caution you that you will have to dedicate yourself to earning your way. Nothing worth having is given to you -- it is obtained the hard way -- it must be earned by your efforts. Please tell us what effort you have been making to prepare yourself for service in the Ranger Regiment.
I gave you a couple days to answer my question, but you failed to comply. So I'll lay the tasks out for you: Read all the FAQs, selected stickies and threads. The questions you have posed elsewhere have been answered several times. The search function is your friend, as of right now I'm not. Your task, should you choose to accept it (and I expect you will), is to tell me in about 200 words what are you doing to prepare yourself for service in the Ranger Regiment. Your suspense is Midnight tomorrow night, 20 March 2007 (EST). POST YOUR RESPONSE IN YOUR INTRODUCTION THREAD.
Last edited by Jim on March 21st, 2007, 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

NS_Raider wrote:I am the farthest thing from a liberal. I'm not the type to fall for the smooth talk of a recruiter. My goals are to become a Ranger and a Green Beret. period. I did my research as well. I have at least 5 books in my room dealing with the Special Forces and Rangers and God knows how many dealing with the military in general. I know I want these things and I signed on to this site to find a way to accomphish them. I'm not treating this lightly at all. I know you have your doubts about me but you show me how, and I will be glad to prove you wrong.
*YAWN*

I'm sorry, did you say something? Books are fun. Look kid, Books are read, the internet is read. Don't come in here and spout off about how fucking Hooah you are. You Aint. You may have a chance, but remember this.......80 to 85% attrition rate in RIP. Just think about that for a couple of seconds while you tell me that you are all that and a bag of chips. IF you really want to make it, listen to Ranger Jim's advice. That is all……
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

Return to “Introduction Archive”