Top general calls homosexuality 'immoral'

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

RTO
BANNED

Top general calls homosexuality 'immoral'

Post by RTO »

Gen. Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said Monday that he supports the Pentagon's "don't ask, don't tell" ban on gays serving in the military because homosexual acts "are immoral," akin to a member of the armed forces conducting an adulterous affair with the spouse of another service member.

Responding to a question about a Clinton-era policy that is coming under renewed scrutiny amid fears of future U.S. troop shortages, Pace said the Pentagon should not "condone" immoral behavior by allowing gay soldiers to serve openly. He said his views were based on his personal "upbringing," in which he was taught that certain types of conduct are immoral.

"I believe homosexual acts between two individuals are immoral and that we should not condone immoral acts...," Pace said in a wide-ranging discussion with Tribune editors and reporters in Chicago. "I do not believe the United States is well served by a policy that says it is okay to be immoral in any way."'

Pace said the military should not tolerate homosexual acts the way it does not tolerate military members who commit adultery with another service member's spouse, noting that that behavior is punished. The "don't ask, don't tell" policy caused an uproar in the military when signed into law by President Clinton. At the time, supporters of the policy inside and outside the military argued that it was essential for the cohesion of combat units, not a question of morality.

Under the policy, gays and lesbians may serve only if they keep their sexual orientation private and do not engage in homosexual acts. Their commanders may not ask about their orientation.

Story Continues...
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Christ was against homosexuality, religion goes against it. At least the main stream religions like Chatholics and Orthodox Christians.

Personnally I believe that there is no room for it in the military, but that's me.
"I believe homosexual acts between two individuals are immoral and that we should not condone immoral acts,"
I agree!
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

The democratic congress embraces the homosexual agenda and will see this as an attempt to make up for Klinton's D.A.D.T. compromise. This is another misstep that we have given to the Dems to exploit. At the pace this whole group is dicking the dog, we are going to have a difficult time getting a conservative in office.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

"I believe homosexual acts between two individuals are immoral and that we should not condone immoral acts...," Pace said in a wide-ranging discussion with Tribune editors and reporters in Chicago. "I do not believe the United States is well served by a policy that says it is okay to be immoral in any way."'
Islam says it's immoral, too.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Jim wrote:
By that same token...Oral sex is Immoral also...
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Jim wrote:
I thought it was immoral in Islam for one to do a male dog??? But was okay for male humans to have at it. :shock:
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Silverback wrote:
Jim wrote:
Islam's got to go!!
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Silverback wrote:
Jim wrote:
Good point. Sodomy is illegal in the military - even with your spouse. Cohabitation is illegal as well. (UCMJ)

DADT isn't the solution - it never was. It was a compromise to appease the far right. However, like Pandora's Box, it'd be hard to change it back without serious political damage.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Ranger Luna wrote:
Silverback wrote:
Jim wrote: Islam says it's immoral, too.
Islam's got to go!!
Sodomy is condemned by every major religion
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Silverback wrote:
Ranger Luna wrote:
Silverback wrote: By that same token...Oral sex is Immoral also...
Islam's got to go!!
Not by Bubbaism!
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

RRDTm3 wrote:
Silverback wrote:
Ranger Luna wrote:Islam's got to go!!
Not by Bubbaism!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Seems as though the good General's patrons have gotten him back in line
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gen. Pace supports policy on gays

WASHINGTON, March 13 (UPI) -- The chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff has said he regrets telling the Chicago Tribune editorial board he considers homosexuality "immoral."

"I should have focused more on my support of the (Don't Ask, Don't Tell) policy and less on my personal moral views," Marine Gen. Peter Pace said in a written statement Monday.

The Tribune, in an interview published Sunday, had asked Pace whether Don't Ask, Don't Tell - the military policy and U.S. law regarding homosexuals in the service - should be revised.

"I made two points in support of the policy during the interview," Pace said. "One, 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' allows individuals to service this nation; and two, it does not make a judgment about the morality of individual acts."

Pace's critics have condemned his statement, saying it could create a hostile environment for homosexuals serving in the military.

DADT was instituted in 1994 as a compromise between then President Bill Clinton's desire to lift the outright ban on homosexuals in the military and the military's resistance to changing the ban. The compromise was that homosexuals may serve in the military as long as they do not declare their orientation or act on it. For its part, the military would not be allowed to ask service members if they are gay or investigate them.

Full Story
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

I guess he remembered that the Democrats are in control of both Houses. Talk about covering your ass.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
---------
George S. Patton
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Re: ,

Post by Ranger Ron »

Chiron wrote:I guess he remembered that the Democrats are in control of both Houses. Talk about covering your ass.
Covering their asses might be a more appropriate statement. :lol: :lol:
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
msg_dman
Ranger

Post by msg_dman »

I just wish one of these clowns would have the guts to say this:

"Our country grants freedom of religion and my particular religious view is that homosexuality is immoral, I am sorry that this offends some of you. I believe in the Bible, and this following verse is as clear as day to me, needing no interpretation:

Lev: 20:13: If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Your view may differ, and I will fight and die for you to have the freedom to hold your view, even if it may be contrary to mine, but I also have the right to my personal beliefs.

I do not understand why I must respect your opinion, and ensure I do not offend you, while it is totally acceptable for you to offend me.

I will always support my Commander in Chiefs position on the Don't Ask, Don't Tell Policy, but my support of that policy does not release me of my own personal moral valuesâ€
Ranger Class # 12-89
Merrills PSG 89-90
C/Co 4th RTB 90-92
USASOC Ft Bragg 01-06
Retired 1 Feb 2006

In Memory of 1LT Ben Hall - KIA 31 July 2007

Return to “The Mosh Pit”