Zelse plagued by injury

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Earthpig
Ranger

Zelse plagued by injury

Post by Earthpig »

Ranger EarthPig,

I know I told you I got restarted, but the next RIP class started already and I remain in RIP Pending.

I injured my knee the last day I was in RIP on the boot run and after 2 weeks on profile trying to heal it, I ran to chow from the Ranger AID detail I got put on...and injured it worse than before. I could barely walk back to the barracks.

I called my brother and he decided the only option I have left is to talk to the NCOIC at Hold and see if he will give me permission to stay in Hold 30+ days on profile, which goes against his policy. I'm open to whatever happens to me because I believe everything happens for a reason, but theres only one option left and I don't think it's going to work.

Still mulling things over, Zelse.

Zelse,
Keep your chin up, stay motivated, and let your injury heal completely. Don't give up yet, they might bend the rules for you. I hope this still works out. I can't imagine getting injured on the last day of RIP. That has got to suck. Show them you'd make a good Ranger, and don't let this get you down. Good luck!

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

Too close to do anything but drive on to the Ranger objective. Don't stop fighting, chances are you won't get another shot.
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

If he showed them at RIP that he's worth bending the rules for, the cadre'll make it happen.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Crossing fingers and toes for you. Maybe they just want to see if you are Ranger material by your actions/reactions to this problem. Don't quit, never surrender.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Profile for 30-days...I haven't been on profile for 30-days (total combined) over the last 23 years!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

I've been out since 04 and I'm still on profile. :lol:
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Zelse, the possibility of injury is a real card in the deck. It's what ended many of our Ranger careers. You've shown what you are made of, did an excellent job, and I feel like you will be a positive asset to any unit that is fortunate enough to get you. Keep your honor and your drive. You'll be leading men in no time, and will most likely get a shot at RS down the road. Heal up and drive on. Stay in touch.

RLTW
EP
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Shit happens and you cannot control everything. If the PA told you that you can't complete RIP with your knee in that shape, then listen to him and follow his advice on how to heal.

When you get down the road to your unit, you will see a lot of people who will talk a lot of shit about the Regiment. Everyone there "would've gone, but you see that this came up and..". They are fags. Don't listen to their stories.

They quit. You didn't.

Get healed up, keep your ass out of trouble (no UCMJ!), get in excellent shape and then submit a DA-4187 for RIP two years from now.

Keep a positive outlook and never become a leg.
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: Duty Station

Post by Earthpig »

Zelse wrote:I've been assigned to Ft. Hood, TX. 3 Hours from my home and an hour north of UT, where the majority of my friends go.

Granted, I didn't join the Army to be near my friends and family, but since my plans haven't worked out like I intended, my assignment has come as a relief to me.

I ship tomorrow and finally get to do my job. As soon as I'm settled in and get a feel of how things are going, I will inform the forum on my status.

I may not be a Ranger right now, but I still care for this community.

Thank you for caring, Zelse.
Let me know when you get settled in good. I'm an hour away. :wink:
RLTW
EP
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

Sorry to hear about your journey coming to an early end. On a lighter note, you guys are doing a hell of a job on the fence, I see you progress every day when I drive by on my way to the range.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

You'll do fine. Shit happens. I am THE king of shit going wrong. But you know what, it'll all buff out in the end. Keep faith in the knowledge that while one door has shut, another has opened. Don't be in too much of a hurry to fuck your body up. Furthermore, when you get to your new unit, don't walk around with the "poopy face, booboo lip, the world has fucked me" attitude. It's a pretty sure way to get fucking skull dragged. Final note, Do Not Be a Shitbag. While you may not go to battalion now or get tabbed as quick as you like, you can always manuver yourself for other rewards. Like more responsibility and quicker promotions. Show that you're a performer and you will be in a position to jockey for better things, i.e. schools, training, units you prefer, etc.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Duty Station

Post by Jim »

Zelse wrote:I've been assigned to Ft. Hood, TX. 3 Hours from my home and an hour north of UT, where the majority of my friends go.

Granted, I didn't join the Army to be near my friends and family, but since my plans haven't worked out like I intended, my assignment has come as a relief to me.

I ship tomorrow and finally get to do my job. As soon as I'm settled in and get a feel of how things are going, I will inform the forum on my status.

I may not be a Ranger right now, but I still care for this community.

Thank you for caring, Zelse.
Heal up, get a combat deployment under your belt and come back strong. Never, never quit!!!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Letters from School”