Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

They will teach you everything you need to know.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
RTO
BANNED

Re: Introduction

Post by RTO »

XCJon wrote: My worry is that if I sign up for an option 40, I will not have the opportunity to learn the various skills I will need to pass RIP.
Your REAL worry should be if you take the option '4' you will most likely NEVER see the inside of a Ranger Bn. You have these forums to help you prepare. That is sufficient. Remember, this resourse (or anything like it) didn't exsist when most of the Rangers on this site went thru Ranger training.

Now, welcome and thanks for your desire to become an Army Ranger. The ball is in your court. Don't step on your dick.
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Rangerguru wrote:They will teach you everything you need to know.
Exactly.

There isn't much more technically to it at that point. The biggest difference is the physical part and basic Ranger specific type of classes you'll get while in RIP.

If you want it.............go for it.

Welcome.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
spanky
Ranger

Post by spanky »

There is only one thing you will need to know to make it to a battalion: Never Quit! :evil: :evil: Everything else you need to know, they will teach you, most likely while you are in the front leaning rest.
RGR Class 8-78
A Team FIST, HHC, 1/75 80-82 Hunter AAF

An Armed Society is a Polite Society
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and thank you for your interest in becoming an Army Ranger. If you think you can, you can. If you think you cannot, you never will.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

No shit dude, just because you don't know how to fall out of an airplane yet doesn't mean it's safer to jump off a building 'cause it's not as high. Idiot. Do push-ups goddammit for already selling yourself short.

I'm just fucking with ya bud, no not about that, get back down. Listen to these Rangers, they will not steer you wrong if you prove yourself to be mature (like me), mentally and physically preparing everyday and actually secure an OPT 40 contract.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Draco
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Draco »

Ranger Spanky said....
Never Quit!
I disagree....I quit eating in Ranger School! 8)

Welcome!!
1/10th SFG(A) Bad Toelz, FRG 85-88
Co. G/143rd INF (LRRS) 89-91
Rgr Class 6-92
Jack of all trades 92-present

"Hope and pray that you'll never need me,
But rest assured I will not let you down.
I'll walk beside you but you may not see me,
The strongest among you may not wear a crown." 3DD
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Jon, a man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. Considering your youth and lack of experience, you've done well. You started early, so you have time on your side. You came to the right place; the members of this site have vast experience (some of it bad), and this is a priceless resource as you prepare yourself for service with the 75th Ranger Regiment. Please read all the FAQs, stickies and selected threads. The search feature works well and you can generally find all the answers to your questions. Believe me you are not unique and it is doubtful that the question is new and unique. Remember the search button is your friend -- I may not be. Welcome...
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

If you don't put in for option 40, you will regret it for the rest of your life.

IF, you are serious, be like Nike. JUST DO IT. Don't tell me what you're going to do, show me.

Welcome.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Welcome,

Post by KW Driver »

DEP68W wrote:Welcome.

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com. This is a great source of information for you on your road to becoming a U.S. Army Ranger. Learn as much as you can while staying out of trouble and you will go far. Thank you for joining ArmyRanger.com.

DEP68W.
that's all you give the new guys for guidence? that's all they get from you to not step on their cranks with golf shoes?

good job buddy fucker...
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long

Return to “Introduction Archive”