Hardware in body=no go...

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

rj50
US Army Veteran

Hardware in body=no go...

Post by rj50 »

I think the subject line says it all. I was geared up to go back to 11b AIT, then Airborne unassigned (hoping to volunteer for RIP there). If it didn't happen, then I was just going go kick ass for one more tour and do my part.

Regardless, I broke my ankle and leg playing hockey one month after I ETS'd and had to get hardware in it. It did not hinder me from becoming a LEO at all, and I run regularly. Although I probably could have gotten away with it, I refused to lie about it. Integrity is the one thing the world cannot take away from you. Not to mention I wouldn't want part of whatever happens if/when they do find out.

What's funny is that during the mass 2005 IRR call up, they sure didn't seem to care :roll: .

Even though I'll never be an Airborne Ranger, I'm looking forward to SWAT tryouts and hopefully becoming part of that community. Hopefully it will satisfy the itch.

I do enjoy reading these forums and would love to stay, although I won't post much as a guest.

Thank you for providing the initial information regarding prior service guys.
11B, 25th ID (2/27 inf Aco & HHC "Scouts") 99-02. Current LEO.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Damn..... that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. Good luck with your future plans and I'll say it again, thank you for defending our great nation. I'm proud of you.

oh.....and you are welcome to stick around, we have many non-Rangers that contribute greatly to this forum.......... and you've got a great avatar! :D

Return to “The Mosh Pit”