Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Gator85
Embryo

Post by Gator85 »

SITREP

Finally after many months of work I have been officially cleared by Air Force Psychiatrists at Macdill AFB in Tampa due to the fact no Army psychatrists were able to see me. To answer Ranger Jim's questions(sorry the lateness of the post I have had a large amount of work to do recently and have thus had very little computer time over the past 2 weeks and never felt i had enough time to give a solid reply)

1. The reason Cadet command wanted an active duty shrink is unknown to me but that was the stipulation required of me to join any officer training program, be it OCS or ROTC.

2.What you are talking about is something I have been pining over for a few months now, on the assumption that I got cleared by a shrink, but I have been praying about what path I should take and I feel really good about going through ROTC. I know how good an officer I am going to be depends on how much I put into it, and I am going to give it everything I have. I have already put more effort into just getting into the Army than most people, why would I let all that effort, all the work people have done for me be wasted by half-assing something as important as being an officer.

3. I am someone who believes that when someone wants to be the best, they need to learn from the best. That is why I am here Ranger Jim, to learn from the best so I can hopefully make less mistakes than the average cherry butter bar.

Thank you for your time Rangers,
Chris
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

so I can hopefully make less mistakes than the average cherry butter bar.

Thank you for your time Rangers,
Chris
Well now, do we have any "average cherry butterbars" here that would like to comment on this?
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Rico
Ranger

Post by Rico »

Shoot me a PM with your instructor's names (Enlisted Ones).

You said you're going to attend LTC this summer?

This tells me that you've only recently joined the program and are not yet contracted.

Not being contracted means that your claim of atttending Airborne School this summer is BS.

I'll not dwell on this nor will I argue semantics with you, but I will give you my opinion.

In any endeavor you must prioritize your long and short term goals. For new Rangers in a Ranger Battalion it's first learning their job and getting their ass to Ranger School, your's would first be contracting (if that's the path you truly feel is best).

After that you need to keep your ass in the library and maintain a high GPA (3.5 or better) if you want to branch Infantry. It goes back and forth, but Aviation and Infantry are the two most sought after branch choices in the nation every accession year. Only the top 10 percent in the nation get their first choice automatically. After that each branch fills to 50%, and from there it's a crap-shoot.

I could go on and on, but you need to concentrate on what's most important. I fully agree with my esteemed Brothers here in that enlisting first is always a better start, but if you're convinced that ROTC is what you want to do, then concentrate on your 50 meter target of contracting.
WEBCO 2/75 1997 - 1998
HHC 2/75 Mortars 1998 - 2005
Ranger Class 7-99

Mentor to alex03209

I have brought you to the ring, dance if you can...

-William Wallace

Return to “Introduction Archive”