Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Gunga Din
Embryo

Introduction

Post by Gunga Din »

Hello Rangers,

My name is Johnathan, I am 20 years old and I am from San Diego, California. I attend classes at a local community college part-time, and work full-time at a gem laboratory. I have been interested in being an SOF soldier since I was a kid. I would like to become a Ranger and eventually go SF. Why do I want to be a Ranger? What attracts me are the standards that are expected and the brotherhood that the Rangers share. I have read the Ranger Creed a few times and it is something I would like to live by.

My physical attributes:
Height: 5’6â€
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Well, Johnathan, a man has only one opportunity to make a positive initial impression. You have succeeded. That's good. If you truly wish to serve in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right place. Preparing young men for service with the Ranger Regiment is one of the main reasons this site exists. You need to read the FAQs, stickies, and selected threads. Almost every question you have has already been answered. Use the search feature a lot. As you already appear to have been lurking, you at least know the correct way to address Rangers -- that is a refreshing start. Please tell us more about yourself. For your first assignment, I would ask you to determine how Rangers and Special Forces differ. Please explain this in no more than 250 words and post your response here not later than Midnight (EST), 5 January 2007.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

If you're good enough for Ranger Jim, you're good enough for me. Welcome to the site, follow instructions and good luck to you.
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

RTO wrote:If you're good enough for Ranger Jim, you're good enough for me. Welcome to the site, follow instructions and good luck to you.
x2. Welcome here. 68W instead of 11B will lead you along a different path if your ultimate goal is to be SF. Maybe one of the SF Rangers on this site will provide you some more detail and insight.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and thank you for your interest in becoming an Army Ranger.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome and thanks for wanting to serve this great country!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Gunga Din
Embryo

Post by Gunga Din »

Ranger Jim,

The Rangers’ primary mission is direct action raids. They specialize in airfield seizure, airborne and air assault, and reconnaissance. Rangers usually operate with a company-sized amount of men. Because they are usually involved in raids, their missions tend to be high intensity, but of short duration.

Army Special Forces’ primary missions are direct action, reconnaissance, foreign internal defense, unconventional warfare, and counter-terrorism. Special Forces operate with twelve man teams and they are more autonomous. They work and live amongst the indigenous people. While they are capable of many missions, they are used primarily to teach.

Unconventional warfare also makes these two units different, SF is the only American unit that specializes in this mission. Rangers have more young soldiers, while SF has older soldiers that are more experienced. This makes the atmosphere between each soldier different in these units. They are also unlike in appearance; Rangers are clean cut and follow regulations strictly, while SF sometimes grow long beards/hair if they need to blend in.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome aboard, and good luck with your final decison.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

Welcome
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09
197th STC (SO)(A)-present

Sua Sponte!

Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

You get a go at this station. 165 words. What you did not tell me, however, is how this applies to you. You said you would like to go Ranger; then SF. What languages do you speak? The reason I mention this is that there is a world of difference between the two. Relaxed grooming standards should not be mistaken for a lack of discipline.

In the near-term, concentrate on becoming physically and mentally prepared to face the rigors of earning a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment. Never, never quit.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Gunga Din

Post by Steadfast »

WELCOME
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Gunga Din
Embryo

Post by Gunga Din »

Ranger Jim,

I know how to speak some Thai, but it has been awhile since I have spoken it. My level right now is not that great, I’ll be working on it. I did fail to write how becoming a Ranger before SF, and the difference applies to me. It will give me a good foundation and discipline for missions I could potentially be doing.

I will update after my trip to MEPS later this month. For now I will shut up, read, and pt.

Johnathan
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Welcome.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89

Return to “Introduction Archive”