I need some help

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Elliott
Ranger

I need some help

Post by Elliott »

I am currently statoned up in RIP hold in the green fence waiting to take my PT test on Wednesday and I need to ask some questions so I can have an idea on how to go about dealing with my issues. My son and wife are currently about six hours from Fort Lewis, since I am a canadian citizen and I grew up there, so obviously my station of choice is Lewis, however my wife cannot leave the country till she turns nineteen (we are both seventeen) and so my being stationed in georgia in any capacity is not exactly ideal. I know I can pass the PT test, I know I can pass RIP, because if I dont, I don't get to see my family. How do I go about getting duty station preference like that? Is there anyone I can talk to? And also, because of some really messed up issues, I cannot enter either my wife or my son into DEERS, which means I have E-1 pay, with two dependents, no BAH or seperate rations. If anyone can help me on either of these two issues I would appreciate a PM! Thanks a lot!
Last edited by Elliott on April 22nd, 2004, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C Co 2/75 July 2004-Pres
Rip Class 07-04
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Elliott:

Serious issues and no joking matter you have here. If I was in your shoes, knowing what I know now. I would give RIP 110% effort. Then, after you pass, as you approach the time for Bn Assignments to be issued, you will be able to state a preference for your assignment. Approach the chain of command at that time and let them know what you just told us. Make sure you get adequate time to explain this to the cadre as they can probably help you in this matter.

First things first though. You need to make a good impression by being a strong performer in the RIP course FIRST, before anything would automatically be done to help you. Those who perform well as Rangers are almost always well taken care of by their chain of command.

Good luck.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Welcome. Ranger Spartan has given the best advice possible. I hope things work out for you.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Go look up SSG [name removed] let him know your situation. My wife is canandian and i had no problem getting her enrolled in DEERS. She was down here for a few days then returned home squared away. i think you are trying to say you have the problem of enrollment because she is so far away.Since your wife is Canadian she and your child get free health care so that is no big deal!
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Elliott
Ranger

Thanks for the advice

Post by Elliott »

I managed to run into SSG Greene even without trying, and he has helped me work through a lot of the crap I needed to sort out. Right now I just have to focus on finishing this course and making it to 2/75. It is kind of odd to say this but I have met at least four other Canadians at Rip pending, and one of them was from my home town, we even attended university at the same school. Weird... Anyways thanks for all the help and I will see some of you guys when I get to Regiment!

Elliott
C Co 2/75 July 2004-Pres
Rip Class 07-04
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Elliot-

Good luck on RIP. Why can't your wife come here until she is 19???????

You've been given some good advice. Hopefully everything will work out for you.

Jim
Elliott
Ranger

Its Screwed up...

Post by Elliott »

She was in the foster system up in Canada, so to get her out of it we have to follow the rules set up by the system. She has to finish high school or become a legal adult (19 in British columbia) before she can finally leave and come with me. Ya, its fucked up I know.

Thanks for all the responses!
C Co 2/75 July 2004-Pres
Rip Class 07-04
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

remember seeing the big guy come over at 0930 to get RIPPIES for details all this week? guess who? :wink:
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

maybe fat albert, who?
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Elliott-
Welcome to the site! Good luck with RIP. I'm sure if you do well, you'll get Ft. Lewis, as Ranger Spartan suggested. When you see the big fellow who comes to get you Rippies for details, tell him, "Gut!" :wink:
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

EarthPig wrote:Elliott-
Welcome to the site! Good luck with RIP. I'm sure if you do well, you'll get Ft. Lewis, as Ranger Spartan suggested. When you see the big fellow who comes to get you Rippies for details, tell him, "Gut!" :wink:
RLTW
EP
Fuck that! Tell him 'Head'....it'll be over before you know it. Plus, you'll get a nice 'nap' out of it! :lol:
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Saltbitch wrote:Fuck that! Tell him 'Head'....it'll be over before you know it. Plus, you'll get a nice 'nap' out of it! :lol:
Evil, Pure Evil Genius. :twisted:
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Thank you....thank you very much! I'll be in town 'till Thursday.... :lol:
Chiron
Ranger

Welcome

Post by Chiron »

Spartan wrote:Elliott:

First things first though. You need to make a good impression by being a strong performer in the RIP course FIRST, before anything would automatically be done to help you. Those who perform well as Rangers are almost always well taken care of by their chain of command.

Good luck.
Welcome. You have more than required motivating your ass into achieving your goal.

Rangers Lead the Way!
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Bell

Post by Bell »

Welcome to the board Elliot. Drive on and don't worry about it. Just another thang. It'll all work out.

RLTW
Bell

Return to “Introduction Archive”