All I've got, and then some (my intro)

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

martin
Egg

All I've got, and then some (my intro)

Post by martin »

My name is Jared and I have enlisted to become a U.S. Army Ranger. I graduate in spring of '07 and in that time would like to learn all that is necassary to succeed throughout all that is ahead of me. I'm hoping you guys can share some tips on how to better prepare myself physically, and mentally for the exciting, but arduous road ahead. Thanks a lot.

Sincerely,
Jared
SunDevilWrestler
Ranger

Post by SunDevilWrestler »

PFC huh? You mean Proud Fucken Civilian?

If your looking for a handout you came to the wrong place.

The search button is your friend. One of the young DEPs will be along to help you out shortly.

Welcome....

....and don't step on your dick.
Stay Hard, Crush the Weak.

Whatever It Takes
Never Quit. Never Give In. Never Back Down.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Congratulations for enlisting to become an Army Ranger. You are at the right place to help prepare yourself to be successful. Follow instructions closely.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
martin
Egg

sundevilwrestler

Post by martin »

I'm not looking for a handout, i just wanna know what kept you pushing yourself while going through what i'm about to. I assure you that i am humble and have not earned the title of ranger as you have, however i am hoping for your blunt, no b.s. advice on what i have to do to earn the title "ranger". I'm currently meeting with a retired airborne ranger who is helping me train, but he retired over a decade back and a little more current advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Jared
The only thing necassary for the triumph of evil,
is for good men to do nothing.

-Edmund Burke
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Do not post again until one of the DEP moderators comes along and sends you a message.

Fix your avatar. If you don't know what I mean - read the FAQs.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

you can start by capitalizing Ranger whenever you use it.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Good. You can follow instructions. You fixed your avatar to standard and are waiting for further instructions. Welcome.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome, Jared. One of the DEPs will be along shortly to assist you.

In the mean time, do not post, but read, read, read these forums.

How to prepare physically? Run, run hard and do hundreds of pushups and situps every day till you score a 300 on the AFPT.

How to prepare yourself mentally? Ask yourself your reasons for wanting to become an Army Ranger in the first place. This/these reasons will become extremely important when the shit hits the fan at RIP.

Good luck to you, don't be a quitter.
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Welcome.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Thanks for your interest in our Brotherhood. The golden key that will get you a Tan Beret is this: You have to want it (in every cell of your body) more than anything else in the world. It's really that black and white. Good luck with your decision and with your career path. Welcome to the site.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

So martin, what's up with the other names you have beside this one, p.f.c. martin or captainplanet? one name per customer. You don't change your name by re-registering, you request it & only if an Admin approves the change.

p.f.c. martin > profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=10165

captainplanet > profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=10201
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Paladin
BANNED

Post by Paladin »

Jared
Have you been drinking the water out of the Boardman River to mess up this early in the game?
Michigan boys do not usually mess up like you have. Registering 3 times? Just trying on names to see if they fit?

Get down and do 25 push ups! If you really want to achieve your goals, listen to everything that is said on this forum to you. Even the ass chewings are for a reason. Use the search button and read all the FAQ's and Stickeys! Only until you have searched and searched and searched will you ask a question!
Get out and run, swim, and ski if you have to to get the wind and your legs conditioned. Do pullups and pushups and search the archives for PT regimens. If you want to become a Ranger just remember to never , ever, quit!
By the way, I hunt the Boardman River area!

Return to “Introduction Archive”