Airborne Colonel had no ears

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

agonyea
Ranger

Airborne Colonel had no ears

Post by agonyea »

No Ears

The old Airborne Colonel had distinguished himself in combat, but unfortunately he was wounded -- both of his ears were blown off. As a decorated hero, however, the Army allowed him to remain on active duty. One day, the colonel was part in charge of a selection board to determine whether or not potential E-7s would become First Sergeants.

The next day he had set up three interviews. The first candidate was a leg. He knew everything he needed to and was very interesting. At the end of the interview, the colonel asked him, "Do you notice anything different about me?" And the soldier answered, "Why yes sir, I couldn't help but notice you have no ears." The Airborne Colonel got very angry and threw him out.

The second interview was with a female, and came from an Air Assault unit. He asked her the same question, "Do you notice anything different about me?" and she replied: "Well, sir, you have no ears." The colonel again was upset and tossed her out.

The third and last interview was a paratrooper. He was with a sharp soldier with an immaculate uniform. He was smart. He was rugged and no-nonsense and he seemed to be a better soldier than the first two put together. The Airborne Colonel was anxious, but went ahead and asked the soldier the same question: "Do you notice anything different about me?" And to his surprise, the soldier answered: "Yes sir. You wear contact lenses." The colonel was shocked, and said, "What an incredibly observant young man. How in the world did you know that?"

The young paratrooper fell off his chair laughing hysterically and replied, "Well, it's pretty
damn hard to wear glasses with no friggin ears!"
US Army 1968 to 1991 Retired SFC/E-7
A Co 75th Ranger Ft Hood, Texas '72- '74
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

"Well, it's pretty
damn hard to wear glasses with no friggin ears!"

I could have sworn I read this last week as a blonde joke!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Excellant!

(I have trouble reading your name Agonyea, it sounds like something you'd get from a Rangerette and have to be rodded off the range while the whole RDF starts clapping as you walk thru the door!!!! No. It wasn't me. Really. :twisted: :wink:)
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

cams wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Excellant!

(I have trouble reading your name Agonyea, it sounds like something you'd get from a Rangerette and have to be rodded off the range while the whole RDF starts clapping as you walk thru the door!!!! No. It wasn't me. Really. :twisted: :wink:)
Ouch! :shock:
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”