VOC Rehab interview, Oct 11

Turning warriors into productive civilian leaders: Employment & Education, Dealing with Veteran's Administration, etc.

Moderator: Site Admin

Looon
Ranger

VOC Rehab interview, Oct 11

Post by Looon »

That's the date of my appointment to see if I ll be worthwhile for the benefit.

The alternative is for them to render me ' Totally Unemployable' due to my disabilities.

Any advice or insight would be appreciated.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Towedjmpr
Paratrooper

Post by Towedjmpr »

Are you working now?
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."

-- Dave Barry
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Towedjmpr wrote:Are you working now?
Negative. My injuries have taken their toll to the point where I don't get around very well these days.

Ive worked construction as a welder since I got out, but I physically can't do it anymore.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Towedjmpr
Paratrooper

Post by Towedjmpr »

Your good to go then for VOC Rehab. As long as you don't have a job or can't work, they will throw options at you.

I completed 3+ years a couple years ago. PM if there is anything I can help with.
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."

-- Dave Barry
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

So, you can't even be a Donkey Fluffer for your Mom? :shock: Wow..you were so natural at it too. 8)
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Abell9 wrote:So, you can't even be a Donkey Fluffer for your Mom? :shock: Wow..you were so natural at it too. 8)

Dayum!!! :shock: :twisted:
Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

BadMuther wrote:
Abell9 wrote:So, you can't even be a Donkey Fluffer for your Mom? :shock: Wow..you were so natural at it too. 8)

Just wait until the video hits the internet!

Ranger Luna PM inbound with my contact information. I interned at San Diego Regional Office in VR&E at just went to a training handled by their counterparts in Colorado Springs last week.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"I might not be Airborne however, it's whats on my right sleave!"
*1992-1996 USMC CPL
* 12/2005- present USAR Medic PL/ Human Terrain Teams
Cat
Tadpole

Post by Cat »

I went through college with Voc Rehab. I couldn't have graduated in 4 years without it. It's one of the best programs for Veterans. Usually they will have you do research on what program you'll want to use Voc Rehab for before you have your interview. Get well informed on your program of study and how it will benefit you and you should be fine. That's my advice from having been through the process.

Good luck Rgr Luna!
U.S. Army Signal Corps, 31M7A/31S
385th SigCo (FWD) Kuwait Jan 94- Dec 94
235th(67th) TACSAT Ft Gordon, GA. 95-97
--
Mainz-Kastel, Germany 98-00, AD Dept
Ft Bragg 00-02, AD Dept
Scoty
Ranger

Post by Scoty »

I manned the VA desk while in school.....Voc Rehap(VEAP, Chpt 32, etc) is a damn good program once you get the ball rolling.

On a nother note...

LUNA: it's good to see yer drivin on despite your setbacks, dude.
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Yowser!!!!!!!!
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Feelen the luv. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Darksaga wrote:
BadMuther wrote:

Ranger Luna PM inbound with my contact information. I interned at San Diego Regional Office in VR&E at just went to a training handled by their counterparts in Colorado Springs last week.
Call inbound.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Ranger Luna wrote:
Darksaga wrote:
BadMuther wrote:

Call inbound.
The V.A. will prolly teach you 'puters (at my local V.A. hospital (the) course has mushroomed to 26 weeks - and upon graduation you receive a free brand new 'puter) and put you in charge of your own V.A. site answering emails seeing as how well you type and your use of emoticons. :lol:

I went for the testing (took two days) back in 1974 or thereabouts. I never went beyond the testing and hit the trail finding my own way.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Post Service Issues”