Odiedog52 SITREP

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Odiedog52
Tadpole

Odiedog52 SITREP

Post by Odiedog52 »

Hello Rangers, I'm on pass and figured I'd drop in to leave a quick SITREP.

We're starting week 10 of OSUT tomorrow. I was happy to get 11B and not 11C.

My PT score right now is a 220. Nowhere where it needs to be, but i've made improvement each APFT, and am working out each night in the bay. There are a few squared away guys in my platoon, but most the guys are just plain retarded. They have no disciplin, integrity, and so forth. They bring contraband to the bay, can't stand still in formation, steal from other privates, etc. It's really sad.

We have ALOT of RIP contracts, and most everyone is dropping them. There are a handful of guys that show great leadership, great pt, etc .. that dont have RIP and want it, and then you have these other jackass's who just throw theirs away.

I have one other AR guy in my platoon, and there are probably about 5 others in my company. I'm in Echo 2/58. It seems to be one of the harder Bn's around. Alot of other Bn's and companies have been getting passes as early as week 3, but this is our first pass. We can't eat cake, or any condiments or anything of the sort, while the others take their time and eat, and make sure their waffles are stuffed with peanut butter, and then dipped in syrup. I personally dont mind, other then having to wait longer to eat, cause i'll be better for it in the long run.

We have a great cadre. None of my DS's are Tabbed, but one of the SDS's from one of the other platoons is, as is our 1LT, 1SG, and our CPT that just left was as well. They do a great job.

I know this was a horrible SITREP, and I apologize. I'm rushed for time, and i still need to get some supplied for the FTX. I just wanted to stop by and say hello, and thank everyone on here for all the information I gained from this site, from before I left.

With that said, thank you again, Rangers, and take care.

-Odie.
Shipping to Benning 20060705
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Odie

Post by Steadfast »

Thanks for the sitrep Odie. Drive on.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID