Feelings about people with the tab and no time in Rgr Bat

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
MJones97E3LPF
Embryo

Feelings about people with the tab and no time in Rgr Bat

Post by MJones97E3LPF »

Just curious how you guys in general feel about people who get the tab and never serve a day with an actual Ranger unit.

I served with a unit which for the moment will remain unnamed, and a BN Commander, who shall also remain unnamed...and he only cares about you if you have a tab.

Funny thing is, he is a LTC and managed to make LTC on Active Duty with no Combat Patch...turns out he came from some sort of Space Program assignment before this command, and never served a day with actual Ranger units.

Even when my soldier was killed, I sent his mother a flag flown at half mast over the base - sure enough, the certificate (you know, the this flag was flown over such and such during combat ops etc etc) has a 10th MTN patch (makes sense) with a Ranger tab over the Mountain tab.
Jan 2001 - Jul 2004 : B Btry 1/14th FA
Mar 2003 - Jun 2003 : Operation Iraqi Freedom
Nov 2004 - Nov 2005 : Defense Language Institute (Persian-Farsi)
Nov 2005 - Present : B Co. 321st MI
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

The Tab is a School, you learn allot and it's something to look up to, but thats what it is, a School.

The Scroll is a way of life, even if your not Tabbed you live it.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
B 2/75
Ranger

Post by B 2/75 »

Is that a SS on the top of your avatar? Sortta looks like one without going to the trouble of enlarging it. Your profile is sorta thin, too. If you're claiming one, it would be appreciated if you could lay it out for us Rangers... you know how we're knuckledraggers and all, suspicious and all of new things.

Have yer nicest day ever!
- ALL THE WAY -
1st Plt B 2/75 - Sniper
Ranger classes 4-80 & 9-80
3/60 INF 9th ID
2/278 ACR TN NG
3/319 INF 80TH ID
4/4 FA
11th USAFAD (8" Special Wpns)
D/96 CA (A)
JIATF-East (Counter Drug)
478 CA (FID/UW) (IFOR/SFOR)
5 SFG (A) (OIF 1)
USSOCOM - Retired AUG 09
Biometrics Mgmt Office (AFG) (SAIC)
PM DoD Biometrics - Operations (SAIC)
Towedjmpr
Paratrooper

Post by Towedjmpr »

Tenn-RGR wrote:Shut the fuck up.
Welcome to ArmyRanger.com.
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."

-- Dave Barry
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Has anyone told you to go fuck yourself yet? Welcome and go fuck yourself! Nice ribbons you fucking pole smoker.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Silverback wrote:Has anyone told you to go fuck yourself yet? Welcome and go fuck yourself! Nice ribbons you fucking pole smoker.
That's not fucking politically correct damn-it!

I thought this was the kinder gentler ArmyRanger.com?

He's not a "Pole Smoker"...........he's a "Shaft Polishing Technician!" :roll:
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
42L5V
Ranger

Re: Feelings about people with the tab and no time in Rgr Ba

Post by 42L5V »

MJones97E3LPF wrote:Just curious how you guys in general feel about people who get the tab and never serve a day with an actual Ranger unit.
I feel fucking great about them - they have the biggest dicks in the world. I'm one of them. What you got to say about that, bitch?
AbnRgr289 wrote:The Tab is a School, you learn allot and it's something to look up to, but thats what it is, a School.

The Scroll is a way of life, even if your not Tabbed you live it.
Absolutely correct. When I returned to the 101st after hooah school, thinkin' that I was bad, with my double Eagles (walking in the chow hall, with a slight lean to the left and shit) my 1SG who was born in Batt counseled me. (Yes, 4856, or what the fuck ever it was back then.) He told me that I've done the easy part - earning the Tab. The hard part was living up to it for the next 15 years or so. You never hear that about the red and black. They did the hard part first. Hooah school was a short break from it. I've never forgot the words of Johnny Gxxxxs.

Bottom line - whenever I inprocess a new unit, people expect great things from me because of my Black and Gold. I'd better know my job, my boss' job, and I can't have a sick-call day for PT. Time for annual weapons qual? Time for annual land nav? Guess who better know his shit. 'Specially if you wear the right pocket badge. It's up to me to live up to their expectations. And I live by the fucking Creed. The 2nd stanza is my personal favorite.

I just can't wear the fancy crest on t-shirts and hats and shit.

Sorry bros, just my .02
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Oh yeah, I forgot...

RSClass 10-92
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

After awhile, you can just read the title of the thread and picture the train coming down the tracks.....
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Try using the search button instead of posting a subject that has been rehashed so many times I can't count'em. You're an E-6 (P), Linguist and Interrogator, for that you have my respect. However you haven't thought past the fact that "probably" this discussion has been spoken about prior to your arrival, for that you've dropped a notch or two.

We don't know who your BN Cdmr is and we don't care, O's feel as though they need the tab in order to move up in ranks and it actually isn't a bad mindset. But as an NCO you should know by now that in the military you're never gonna have senior O's that are 100% perfect in terms of their beliefs anymore than you'll have NCO's.

Go to Ranger school and then report back with your "Opinion", then you might find that some of us are willing to actually listen to what you have to say.

(This lithium shit is starting to work, notice how even handed I responded :lol: )
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Bugsy wrote:Try using the search button instead of posting a subject that has been rehashed so many times I can't count'em. You're an E-6 (P), Linguist and Interrogator, for that you have my respect. However you haven't thought past the fact that "probably" this discussion has been spoken about prior to your arrival, for that you've dropped a notch or two.

We don't know who your BN Cdmr is and we don't care, O's feel as though they need the tab in order to move up in ranks and it actually isn't a bad mindset. But as an NCO you should know by now that in the military you're never gonna have senior O's that are 100% perfect in terms of their beliefs anymore than you'll have NCO's.

Go to Ranger school and then report back with your "Opinion", then you might find that some of us are willing to actually listen to what you have to say.

(This lithium shit is starting to work, notice how even handed I responded :lol: )
WHO ARE YOU, AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH BUGSY?!?! :wink: :lol:
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

RTO wrote:
Bugsy wrote:Try using the search button instead of posting a subject that has been rehashed so many times I can't count'em. You're an E-6 (P), Linguist and Interrogator, for that you have my respect. However you haven't thought past the fact that "probably" this discussion has been spoken about prior to your arrival, for that you've dropped a notch or two.

WHO ARE YOU, AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH BUGSY?!?! :wink: :lol:
:shock: :shock: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
RSClass 10-92
Mitch
Ranger

Post by Mitch »

Bugsy wrote: You're an E-6 (P), Linguist and Interrogator,
I HATE MI FAGS
RHQ 94-96, HHC 1/75 96-00
RS 12-95
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

RTO wrote:After awhile, you can just read the title of the thread and picture the train coming down the tracks.....
Image Image Image
RSClass 10-92
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

Welcome.

Jeez, I wish I had some ribbons like that. If I did, I'd certainly flaunt them, you can count on that.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”