Question about hi-tec magnum boots?

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
apod
Embryo

Question about hi-tec magnum boots?

Post by apod »

Hello Rangers,It's been a long while since my last post but i have a question for ye(Dont worry i did a search first and turned up squat).From what i can gather from various sites/articles etc there seems to be a "no magnum boots " policy for the u.s army in general.Why is this?
The irish defence forces recently started issuing magnum amazon 4's as our new lightweight operational boot,and the brits have been issuing them for the balkans tours since 2001.
Ye guys have more combat experience than wnuone so i guess if ye dont use then there must be a very good reason. :)
Any info would be appreciated.Thanks :?:
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

From my experience with Hi Tec's magnum boot, I found they were not very durable and they have a tendency to sponge and hold onto water without drying.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:Lotta LEO's wearing them. I think they are cheap crap.
That would make sense. The boots look cool and an LEO doesn't normally wear boots for days on end during inclimate weather.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Rabbity

Post by Rabbity »

my buddy is with the WHPD SWAT, and he says that they are horrible and lack ankle support, and arch support. But personally, i know nothing about them
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Rabbity wrote:my buddy is with the WHPD SWAT, and he says that they are horrible and lack ankle support, and arch support. But personally, i know nothing about them
Rabbity,
How can you possibly critique a pair of boots you have never worn? Please post first hand experience and not something a "buddy" said. If your buddy wants to comment then let him.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
apod
Embryo

Post by apod »

Thanks for the input so far. :) Keeep it coming.
Sorry not competely up to speed on us army slang.Wtf is a leo? :?
Is it like a remf?
And ye are right there isnt a hell of alot of ankle support in the ones we are issued.
apod
Embryo

Post by apod »

Doh!!! :oops:
How many? :lol:
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Silverback wrote:From my experience with Hi Tec's magnum boot, I found they were not very durable and they have a tendency to sponge and hold onto water without drying.
Same same amongst all of us who tried to kewl in the woods wearing those piece's of shit. Worst (field) boot ever.
I wore a pair in Halo school and they blew out after 3 weeks.
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
apod
Embryo

Post by apod »

Thank you for all the input rangers.Much appreciated :)
Have worn the boots for a while now,mostly on camp duties and on range etc.Wouldnt dare bring em in the field.Ireland tends to be wet(even in summer) and they just wouldnt keep my feet dry at all.Gonna stick to my goretex boots instead!

p.s i noticed that in any of the books i have on the regt that all the Rangers are wearing jungle boots.Would ye do this all year round or only during summer months?
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

apod wrote:Thank you for all the input rangers.Much appreciated :)
Have worn the boots for a while now,mostly on camp duties and on range etc.Wouldnt dare bring em in the field.Ireland tends to be wet(even in summer) and they just wouldnt keep my feet dry at all.Gonna stick to my goretex boots instead!

p.s i noticed that in any of the books i have on the regt that all the Rangers are wearing jungle boots.Would ye do this all year round or only during summer months?
Back when I was in I would wear mine 365 days a year, it didn't matter.

I'd close the breather holes up with emnu(sp) in the winter and open them back up with a pin in the summer.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89

Return to “Personal Gear”