So Confused

Turning warriors into productive civilian leaders: Employment & Education, Dealing with Veteran's Administration, etc.

Moderator: Site Admin

MrsDocMac

So Confused

Post by MrsDocMac »

Ok, I'm gonna try to give the long and short of this without violating OPSEC/PERSEC....

I enlisted USAR in Jan2001 for an 8 year contract. In August 2003 got pregnant and married to an active duty member. Put in a packet for discharge under the Family Care Plan since it requires that dual military families have one and if not one of the soldiers must be discharged. We chose me due to qualifications, component, etc. Problem, I am under statutory obligation, he is under contractual and the Army says he has to go. Got the run around for a couple of years, finally went to my Congressman when we found out I was pregnant again. I was told that I received my discharge and it was dated for May2006 but HRC does not have it on the net and my unit doesn't return calls or emails sent to them when I request my orders or my DD 214, which we now need so he doesn't get chewed on his end for no family care plan.

I'm now at a loss as to what to do. I'm in KY now and my unit is in MS so I can't just go up there and raise 10 different kinds of hell. I know there are resources here that I can use but I have no idea what they are. I don't want to bring it to my husband's Rear D because they are so busy with homecoming and the like nor do I want to bring problems on him for going to them. He has told his 1Sgt about the problem but we are doing our damndest not to take it out of my chain. With my chain not responding though I just don't know where to go.

Can anyone help me out on who or where to turn for help with this?
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

He has told his 1Sgt about the problem but we are doing our damndest not to take it out of my chain. With my chain not responding though I just don't know where to go.
Just a rhetorical question .....Since your chain of command is being non-responsive then how can you not take it out of your non- exsistant chain of commmand ?
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
MrsDocMac

Post by MrsDocMac »

That's my problem Ranger Flesh Thorn, I've went as high as a brigadier General with the 81st RSC but he says I have to solve it at a Bn level, so I'm not sure where to go. JAG? Hubby's unit? Congressman again? I have absolutely no idea....
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

This is fucked up and I wish I knew the answer.
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
MrsDocMac

Post by MrsDocMac »

You and me both Ranger Fleh Thorn, you and me both.....
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Can you bug the hell out of some Sp4 PAC clerk and get it taken care of ?
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

I would suggest going to the nearest post and raise hell. Get some sorta documentation of your trials, and leave it at that. Save all your emails and copy your letters. For your's and your hubbys protection.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Somebody get VAK on the line. He can solve this in no time!
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
MrsDocMac

Post by MrsDocMac »

Ranger Luna wrote:I would suggest going to the nearest post and raise hell. Get some sorta documentation of your trials, and leave it at that. Save all your emails and copy your letters. For your's and your hubbys protection.
I have copies of all the packets I've put in in the last 3 years (a total of 5) and I have a special folder for the emails on AKO. I also have the "read receipts" for them as well. There's no denyin I called and emailed. When I realized they were being such asses I even kept call logs from the phone company showing that I had called (twice a week for two months) and how long I had been on the call. The last they told me was that I am discharged, but I just want my fucking paperwork..... it's a damn nightmare.
reluctant civilian
Tadpole

Post by reluctant civilian »

MrsDocMac -

You can request your DD214 online at http://www.archives.gov/veterans/evetrecs/index.html

Good Luck
U.S. Army 1993-1998
U.S. Army Reserve 2000- 2002
Married my Ranger in 1996.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us."
MrsDocMac

Post by MrsDocMac »

reluctant civilian wrote:MrsDocMac -

You can request your DD214 online at http://www.archives.gov/veterans/evetrecs/index.html

Good Luck
I've attempted using that site a number of times and continue to get an error message telling me to contact my unit..... :cry:
MrsDocMac

Post by MrsDocMac »

SFC H8R, That's what I meant by HRC doesn't have it on the net. It has me as still being enlisted with an ETS of Jan2009.
reluctant civilian
Tadpole

Post by reluctant civilian »

It seems the best thing to do would be to contact your Congressman again. It sounds like you were never discharged from the Army. If the chain of command isn't responding, definately go over their heads. You need someone with a little more power to break down the brick wall you keep running into.
U.S. Army 1993-1998
U.S. Army Reserve 2000- 2002
Married my Ranger in 1996.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us."
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

reluctant civilian wrote:It seems the best thing to do would be to contact your Congressman again. It sounds like you were never discharged from the Army. If the chain of command isn't responding, definately go over their heads. You need someone with a little more power to break down the brick wall you keep running into.
I would agree, but once this thread has been here just a little longer it might be seen by someone who has a better suggestion or who could help.

Don't give up!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537