HRAP after RIP

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
BrianT
Inprocessing

Post by BrianT »

No HTRAP. You report to your BAT the following week after graduation and don't get leave most likely until they get block leave. You can go home for the weekend though if you fill out a pass form.
malik289
Tadpole

Post by malik289 »

ok thats cool,i just wanted to know if my recruiter is pulling my leg or not.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

malik289 wrote:ok thats cool,i just wanted to know if my recruiter is pulling my leg or not.
That's cool? That's cool?!! What, buddy? Pal?

How about, "Thank you Rangers for taking the time to answer my question.", then smartly move the fuck out. Drone. Cool.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
RangerLee
Ranger

Post by RangerLee »

LOL, I asked the RIP cadre...
They laughed at me and made me elevate my feet for asking a stupid question.
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.
-Mahatma Gandhi

A. Co Fist "Rat Bastards" 2/75 - Oct 2002 - Jan 2005
2nd Platoon "BlackSheep" FO Type 1 each.
OIF 2003
OEF 2003, 2004
malik289
Tadpole

Post by malik289 »

cams wrote: That's cool? That's cool?!! What, buddy? Pal?

How about, "Thank you Rangers for taking the time to answer my question.", then smartly move the fuck out. Drone. Cool.
Ok Ranger Cams I apologize,Thank you Rangers for taking your valuble time to do the best to keep me informed on such topics like this.
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

malik289 wrote:
cams wrote: That's cool? That's cool?!! What, buddy? Pal?

Ok Ranger Cams I apologize,Thank you Rangers for taking your valuble time to do the best to keep me informed on such topics like this.
I'm sure he's endured a lot of sleepless nights awaiting your response for the last 2 months :roll:

This current crop of DEP's has some big boots to fill. A lot of the men that were in this same space as you put their time to good use and accomplished their objective. They got their shit.

You should search out some of CDWDirect's posts, as well as SunDevilWrestlers. I don't get the impression you have a clue about the mentality and focus that will be required of you.
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

The Sleepy Doc wrote:
malik289 wrote: Wait until you have been there a year, then go home on your next block leave. Wear your uniform to somewhere people will know you (church, a parade or some shit like that..) That will be all the hometown recruiting you will need. Let your actions speak for themselves.
I grew up in gang land Oakland California, my recuriter tried to prevent me from taking the asvab to enlist because he told me that "uncle sam doesn't want your kind" (spoken to me only because of the area in which I lived, which is often referred to as the "lower bottom" West Oakland), God answered my prayers and I just so happened to walk in the recuriters office when SFC Davis was gone and a brand new recuriter was there by the name of SGT Dannoly. Back then once they give you the ASVAB Test they have to see it through. The key is that I didn't give up and actually prayed to God to give me a chance and promised to God I would make the best of it. (at the time I didn't know jack shit about the Rangers)

Long story short I graduated Top recruit in basic (my DI told me I should volunteer for a Ranger assignment because of my ablities and leadership and I took his advise and went for it), was an honor grad finalist in Airborne school and when I came home after being gone for two years those who weren't dead or in jail who told me that I shouldn't join the military were oh so proud of me and my accomplishments when I finally came back home as a Ranger wearing my "then" black beret and spit shined jump boots. (prior to my leaving the "hood" nobody thought I would make it, but none of them assholes really knew who I was inside)

The same fuckin recuriter (SFC Davis) when I came home was beggin me to speak at high schools to help him recurit. My adivse to you is to do your thing, don't look back from wherever you come from and drive the fuck on young stud.

And btw it ain't about showin off, its about representing you and what "YOU" are all about when challenged against others who you compete against, yet are on the same team.

Show the whole World what you're all about, what you're really made of, be a 1st time GO at every thing you do and are tasked with completing and then let the chips fall where they may. Good luck to you and as a fellow well respected soldier on this board often will say better known as VAK..........

GOD SPEED 8)
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
malik289
Tadpole

Post by malik289 »

Bugsy wrote:
The Sleepy Doc wrote:
malik289 wrote: Wait until you have been there a year, then go home on your next block leave. Wear your uniform to somewhere people will know you (church, a parade or some shit like that..) That will be all the hometown recruiting you will need. Let your actions speak for themselves.
I grew up in gang land Oakland California, my recuriter tried to prevent me from taking the asvab to enlist because he told me that "uncle sam doesn't want your kind" (spoken to me only because of the area in which I lived, which is often referred to as the "lower bottom" West Oakland), God answered my prayers and I just so happened to walk in the recuriters office when SFC Davis was gone and a brand new recuriter was there by the name of SGT Dannoly. Back then once they give you the ASVAB Test they have to see it through. The key is that I didn't give up and actually prayed to God to give me a chance and promised to God I would make the best of it. (at the time I didn't know jack shit about the Rangers)

Long story short I graduated Top recruit in basic (my DI told me I should volunteer for a Ranger assignment because of my ablities and leadership and I took his advise and went for it), was an honor grad finalist in Airborne school and when I came home after being gone for two years those who weren't dead or in jail who told me that I shouldn't join the military were oh so proud of me and my accomplishments when I finally came back home as a Ranger wearing my "then" black beret and spit shined jump boots. (prior to my leaving the "hood" nobody thought I would make it, but none of them assholes really knew who I was inside)

The same fuckin recuriter (SFC Davis) when I came home was beggin me to speak at high schools to help him recurit. My adivse to you is to do your thing, don't look back from wherever you come from and drive the fuck on young stud.

And btw it ain't about showin off, its about representing you and what "YOU" are all about when challenged against others who you compete against, yet are on the same team.

Show the whole World what you're all about, what you're really made of, be a 1st time GO at every thing you do and are tasked with completing and then let the chips fall where they may. Good luck to you and as a fellow well respected soldier on this board often will say better known as VAK..........

GOD SPEED 8)

Thank you very much Ranger Bugsby I appreciate many of the things you do,that was a very touching and motivational story.
malik289
Tadpole

Post by malik289 »

You have no idea how motivational that story is,when i read that i went and ran about four miles didn't time it but I felt like kicking some a** after it too,thanks again Ranger Bugsby.
IDon'tCare
Ranger

Post by IDon'tCare »

Tenn-RGR wrote:Bugsby? :evil:
Thats sounds like a hair lip saying it. :lol:
A co 2/75 80-84
Ranger class 12-82
SERE Instructor class 1-83

Mentor to Prodigy922 / KW12 / whiskeytango
rgrjoe175
Tadpole

Post by rgrjoe175 »

IDon'tCare wrote:
Tenn-RGR wrote:Bugsby? :evil:
Thats sounds like a hair lip saying it. :lol:
I didnt know Bugsy was hair lipped... :lol: :lol: :lol:
1/75 80-83
Class 6-81
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

malik289 wrote:You have no idea how motivational that story is,when i read that i went and ran about four miles didn't time it but I felt like kicking some a** after it too,thanks again Ranger Bugsby.

"Bugsby" is a collectable plush teddy bear. Male Lick, do you think Ranger Bugsy is a collectable plush teddy bear?

Attention to detail stud. Attention to detail. That is number two right after DONT QUIT.
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Oto-Man wrote:
malik289 wrote:You have no idea how motivational that story is,when i read that i went and ran about four miles didn't time it but I felt like kicking some a** after it too,thanks again Ranger Bugsby.

"Bugsby" is a collectable plush teddy bear. Male Lick, do you think Ranger Bugsy is a collectable plush teddy bear?

Attention to detail stud. Attention to detail. That is number two right after DONT QUIT.
*Bump*

Bravo57 runs away laughing.... Bugsby!!! Fucking classic
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
DRM
Paratrooper

Post by DRM »

Bugsy wrote:Show the whole World what you're all about, what you're really made of, be a 1st time GO at every thing you do and are tasked with completing and then let the chips fall where they may. Good luck to you and as a fellow well respected soldier on this board often will say better known as VAK..........

GOD SPEED 8)
Roger that, Ranger Bugsy.

-DRM
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Oto-Man wrote:
malik289 wrote:Male Lick

Hahaha! Male Lick.....
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA