This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Myth
US Army Veteran

New Intro

Post by Myth »

An intro
Greetings to all!

I have been lurking on the site for several months. I have been reading the informative information and feeling in touch with those in uniform whom I have the highest respect for. I want to thank all of you for your service and sacrifice and say that I have always been in awe of Rangers.

I like you have been in the business of protecting people and service to my country all of my adult life. I served in the military and in law enforcement with the last seven years devoted to a narcotics taskforce that has consumed me. I am a currently a Senior Agent, the job provides me with an adrenaline rush from time to time. I work in overt and covert roles and usually find myself working forty to sixty hours a week (that has been our recent averages). I am in charge of several agents and work with the undercover agents to develop their field craft. I lead the Tactical Entry Section for our narcotics site and also serve on the Louisiana Violent Crimes Task Force. We try to make a difference but honestly law enforcement and the counter narcotics trade is a loosing battle and just an all around frustrating field. Folks we lost the war on drugs years ago and believe me it isn’t going to get any better soon. Initially all of the bells and whistles look great but beneath the surface there is terrible corruption, political influences and just plain ugly people out there that control the whole system. It doesn’t take long to see why my chosen profession has a high alcoholism, substance abuse, divorce and suicide rate.

I was a medic for ten years and also served in the Louisiana National Guard. Some of my duty locations over the years were Ft. Dix, New Jersey 1986, Ft. Sam Houston, Texas 1987, Camp Casey Republic of Korea 1987 – 1988, Ft. Campbell, Kentucky 1988 – 1992, Camp Stanley Republic of Korea 1993, Ft. Bragg, North Carolina 1994, 1995 – 1997 New Orleans, Louisiana. Louisiana Army National Guard, 812th Air Ambulance Company. The most memorable locations and duty sites were with HHC 1/502 at Ft. Campbell, Eagle Dustoff at Ft. Campbell and The Original Dustoff 57th Med at Ft. Bragg. HHB Divarty Korea.

I became interested in psychology as a result of my experience in the military and later as an undercover narcotics agent. I have a B.A. in Psychology and am currently completing the requirements for the Masters in Clinical Psychology and hope to complete my field training and practicum at good ole Ft. Bragg WAMC. I began as a Pre Med Micro Biology student and ended up in Psychology (We are doctors who couldn’t do the math).
I read people, that is what I do and it evolves into a survival skill necessary to be competitive in the business where success is measured by arrest versus violence or death. In an instant it becomes evident to me who they are, where they come from and if they are full of it, or have some depth and substance. I feel being a good Narc, Clinician or a good Psychologist requires investigative skills and the ability to screen people effectively. We need to look harder, look deep without missing surface clues that lend to the complete picture. I also have a business (Defense Solutions Consulting and Training) which is based on narcotics intervention, prosecution and training.

I hope to begin my Psy D in the spring and rejoin the active Army as a Psychologist somewhere in the near future. This site has been my official service question and answer reference and I enjoy learning from all of you.

Rangers and Veterans thanks for all that you do and what you mean to me, and my fellow civilians.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome to the site. I look forward to your posts. Thanks for your service in the military and especially for what you do now.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

I enjoyed the hell out of that intro. Welcome to the site, and thanks for your wide range of continued service. It's a pleasure to have you among us.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
H75thRangers
Ranger

Post by H75thRangers »

Myth: Nice intro, keep up the good work for our Great Nation, and Welcome!
H Co(Rgr) 75th Inf(Abn) 1st Cav RVN 9/69-5/72
3d Bde (Abn) 101st Abn Div Ft Campbell '72-'74
CENTAG, Seckenheim, Germany '74-'77

If you kill for pleasure, you're a sadist...
If you kill for money, you're a mercenary...
If you kill for both, you're a RANGER!!!
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Masters in Clinical Psychology?

You must be having a field day studying us! :D :lol:
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

RTO wrote:Masters in Clinical Psychology?

Yeah, no shit. Don't even think about looking at any of my posts.

AND DON'T CLICK THE LINKS!!!!!

:lol: :twisted: :lol:
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Rico
Ranger

Post by Rico »

Welcome, thanks for service both in the Military and in Law Enforcement.
WEBCO 2/75 1997 - 1998
HHC 2/75 Mortars 1998 - 2005
Ranger Class 7-99

Mentor to alex03209

I have brought you to the ring, dance if you can...

-William Wallace
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

RangerX wrote:
RTO wrote:Masters in Clinical Psychology?

Yeah, no shit. Don't even think about looking at any of my posts.

AND DON'T CLICK THE LINKS!!!!!

:lol: :twisted: :lol:
If he did...... he might ''go banana's''
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Myth
US Army Veteran

Re to Ranger RTO

Post by Myth »

Ranger RTO

You said “You must be having a field day studying us!â€
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Welcome and as we said during OIF "Embrace the Suck!"
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome. Before I know it, I'll be convinced I have been suffreing from PTSD.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Speedracer

Post by Speedracer »

Welcome
What part of the dirt south are you in, hell you might be in my AO
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Damn nice Intro!!!!! 8)

Welcome here, and thank you for your service!!!!!
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Grumble and Grunt
Ranger

Post by Grumble and Grunt »

Welcome and thanks for your continued service.
RS Class 06-06
Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

Welcome
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com

Return to “Introduction Archive”