My formal apology

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Colin
Embryo

My formal apology

Post by Colin »

I came off as a total ass when I entered this site. My failing to read every detail of the rules of the forums led me to disrespect many rangers because I did not address them in the appropriate manner. I also acted like a smart ass and offended some of you. There is no excuse for my actions and I write this apology in hopes that I may be salvaged and given a second chance. I have made a total disgrace of myself. I became what I dispise the most and apolgize for my actions on these forums. I only hope that you can all accept my apology, and we can move on. I understand if some of you will still be mad at me, even after reading this apology. But I insure all of you that this will not occur again. I have learned from my stupidity. But actions are bigger than words, as Ranger Bell told me, and I will solemnly back these words.
Rangers lead the way!
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Thank you. Apology accepted. But I can only speak for myself.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Accepted. Drive on. Don't repeat history.
McD
Ranger

Re: My formal apology

Post by McD »

Colin wrote:... My failing to read every detail ...
The reason everybody takes this so seriously is because of the line of work we were in. If you don't pay attention to details someone dies. There is a lot of help and information here for you.... you may never even have to ask a question to get the answers your looking for.
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Bell

Post by Bell »

There may be hope. You're starting to understand. This is a serious game we play on this board. It's not a game where you're going. We don't even have to talk to you but we do in the hopes that you might be one of the few that can follow in our footsteps. We know what it takes. You're learning.

Hang tough. Be cool and maintain. Never quit.

RLTW
Bell
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Apology accepted..... but, every time you fail to pay attention to detail you're going to get fried....not just smoked.

Like the esteamed Rangers before me said, you're about to begin something very serious and you might as well start paying attention now.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Colon of the Ass wrote:
hey steadfast, i have full confidence that i will complete ranger training. I don't give up on things, no matter how tough they get.

I have no worries Colon of the Ass. Your failure to read and comprehend simple instructions from the FAQ posted at top of forum proves you can not follow instructions. Your failure to not realize you are committing more mistakes causes you to jump leaps and bounds ahead of your incompetance. If you can't follow simple directives here, what makes you think you will be able to survive in the real military. You will prolly flunk out of Jump School and never attend Ranger School or go to the Ranger Regiment. There are regulations an individual needs learn to get by. Evidently you have learned nothing. Your last line will never amount to salt as others give up on your ass. You can't go through life with your head up your ass. :twisted:

I have taken my response to Colon of the Ass from introductions to this to show him what has already transpired. I see other Rangers have accepted your open apology but since it is my name you spoke and it is I you disrespected then you will have to go the extra mile and apologize to me directly. Your move Asswipe. :twisted:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

I received a PM: My apology to you Ranger Steadfast Colin Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:55 pm

I will not be accepting a PM from Colon of the Ass. The aforementioned incident happened in open forum and shall be addressed in open forum. :twisted:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Colin
Embryo

Post by Colin »

No problem Ranger Steadfast. I would like to apologize to you for my disrespect. My neglect of the forum rules led me to address you in the incorrect and disrespectful manner. From now on I will refer to a Ranger as Ranger. I have learned from this mistake and it will not happen again. I hope that you can accept my apology.
Rangers lead the way!
August-O TwentyFive-O

Post by August-O TwentyFive-O »

Told you man Can't say I did not warn you when you came on the boards I was talking from experience these Rangers are Hardcore and they blew my shit out of the water glad the accepted my apology
Bell

Post by Bell »

August-O TwentyFive-O wrote:Told you man Can't say I did not warn you when you came on the boards I was talking from experience these Rangers are Hardcore and they blew my shit out of the water glad the accepted my apology
Shutup O.

RLTW
Bell
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

August-O TwentyFive-O wrote:Told you man Can't say I did not warn you when you came on the boards I was talking from experience these Rangers are Hardcore and they blew my shit out of the water glad the accepted my apology
No one asked you for an oppinion. :evil:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Apology accepted, Colin. Nice turnaround.
Just remember, they don't give out second chances when you jump out of airplanes.
And you sure as shit wont get one in RIP.
Yer a good example of why we give our time to these boards. Without us, you may have kept that attitude up right into the Army. Pay attention to detail and use the resources this board has to offer.

Hawaii-five-O....YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP, BUDDY FUCKER. I can see that yer gonna eventually end up at the bad end of RGR Luna's hockey stick. Some guys just never learn.
RSD 96-99
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

I’ll be the one to say not accepted, if you get to the Regiment there are no second chances. One AD, a DUI, any minor bullshit infraction and you are gone.
Off to leg land!!
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Ranger
Ranger/Admin

Post by Ranger »

Colon wrote:From: Colin
To: Ranger
Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:08 pm
Subject: Could you please take my post off the board

Hi. I put up a post called those who took lives for our country and I would like to delete the post from the board. If you could do that as soon as possible, I would greatly appreciate it. Thankyou.

You should have taken the 24 hours like you said you would. It would have given you more time to think before you posted. I'll tell you what - I'm giving you some time off to operate your brain without the responsibility of operating your keyboard.

Return to “Introduction Archive”