Recruiter Lying (NOT the same old question)

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Kiknskreem
Tadpole

Recruiter Lying (NOT the same old question)

Post by Kiknskreem »

From the posts here and stories of people who have already been there, it seems that recruiters are very free to twist, bend, or completely change the facts. Is there any system of checks and balances that is in place to keep them "in line"?
Motivated. Dedicated. Heart and Soul.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

I don't know personally. When my little brother enlisted, my older brother was Sgt. in the 7th ID. When my little brother's reqruiter started giving him a runaround, my older brother, James, came down the next day to kick his ass. The recruiter new he was coming, and vacated the AO.

I guess thats a checks and balances, of sorts. Especially, because my little brother got what he wanted after the insident. :twisted:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Kik
Give me a short amount of time. I am moving to another BBS and I am going to contact a friend of mine that just got done being a recruiter. I will bring him to this board and he can probably answer your questions
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Kiknskreem
Tadpole

Post by Kiknskreem »

Thank you very much RangerGronk. (I figured no prefix of "Ranger" was needed, let me know how you would like to be addressed)
Motivated. Dedicated. Heart and Soul.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

we are not allowed to LIE or tell you to lie, in order for you to process for enlistment into the Army. we can be investigated, fined or imprisoned in accordance with military law.

do they do it anyway? HELL YES.

i will not sacrifice my integrity for some kid to join the Army and be mad at me and a COMPLETE SHITBAG 2 years from now when i go back to the line.

does that cost me? i've spent my share of time on zero-roller corrective training.

i am a firm beleiver of the "SHIT IN, SHIT OUT" SYSTEM. you feed the system with a bunch of lies, expect to have to face the music when your soldeirs aren't worth a shit because they were lied to.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
nmuts02
Embryo

Not all lies

Post by nmuts02 »

My recruiter was pretty straightforward, some of it goes to shit just happens. If its in your contract, you'll get it. If its not in there, you probably wont. All of the people in my class who wanted to volunteer for airborne got screwed over, the people with it in their contract are going. If you want it, have it in your contract and you will be fine it seems to me. But I'm just a private, so that means I dont know shit. Like my Drill Sergeant told me, all privates know is if they wiped their ass today.
Class 13Fox07-04, Ft Sill

Charlie Rock Motherfucking Hard

Return to “Recruitment Process”