5th RTB

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

MrsDocMac

5th RTB

Post by MrsDocMac »

My husband is currently in GRITS ashtray and would like to know if any of the Rangers on the board know what the name of the school is that 5th RTB uses for the summer and winter climbing courses. His unit will be deploying to Afghanistan for thier next tour and he would like to try and get some of his guys into the course as he believes it will help with their missions there. Any help would be greatly appreciated, via PM or on the board.

As a side note, he left me his 5th RTB pt shorts to work out in while he was gone and an accident involving a steep hill, a dog, a rabbit, and a small child caused them to get torn up pretty bad so if anyone could help me find a pair to replace them that would be great..... :oops:
Goog
Ranger

Post by Goog »

https://www.infantry.army.mil/AMWS/

Go to ranger joes online for new shorts unless 5th RTB has something different than the tabbed ones the rest of RTB wears.
90-94 A co 3/75 RGR Regt (2plt/HQ/Wpns)
94-97 75th RGR Regt (Pre-RGR)
Graduated Ranger Class 2-92 "Merrills Marauder"
MrsDocMac

Post by MrsDocMac »

Goog wrote:https://www.infantry.army.mil/AMWS/

Go to ranger joes online for new shorts unless 5th RTB has something different than the tabbed ones the rest of RTB wears.
Ranger Goog, thank you for the link, I had done a search on ArmyRanger.com and came up empty so I am greatly appreciative.

As for the shorts, at Ranger Joe's they only have the ones for the 75th Ranger Regiment, 1st BN, 2nd BN, and 3rd BN. The ones I fucked up were black and had the scroll on them for the 5th RTB.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

ProudWifetoMyArmyRanger wrote:
Goog wrote:https://www.infantry.army.mil/AMWS/

Ranger Goog, thank you for the link, I had done a search on ArmyRanger.com and came up empty so I am greatly appreciative.

As for the shorts, at Ranger Joe's they only have the ones for the 75th Ranger Regiment, 1st BN, 2nd BN, and 3rd BN. The ones I fucked up were black and had the scroll on them for the 5th RTB.
We never wore 5th RTBn scrolled shorts...must be some after-market hooahness.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
MrsDocMac

Post by MrsDocMac »

Silverback wrote:
So what you're saying Ranger Silverback, is that I have to actually tell him that I tore them up to figure out how to replace them... isn't that lovely? :oops: :shock: :oops:
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

ProudWifetoMyArmyRanger wrote:
Silverback wrote:
So what you're saying Ranger Silverback, is that I have to actually tell him that I tore them up to figure out how to replace them... isn't that lovely? :oops: :shock: :oops:
Pretty much
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: 5th RTB

Post by cams »

ProudWifetoMyArmyRanger wrote:My husband is currently in GRITS ashtray and would like to know if any of the Rangers on the board know what the name of the school is that 5th RTB uses for the summer and winter climbing courses. His unit will be deploying to Afghanistan for thier next tour and he would like to try and get some of his guys into the course as he believes it will help with their missions there. Any help would be greatly appreciated, via PM or on the board.

As a side note, he left me his 5th RTB pt shorts to work out in while he was gone and an accident involving a steep hill, a dog, a rabbit, and a small child caused them to get torn up pretty bad so if anyone could help me find a pair to replace them that would be great..... :oops:

Ma'am, be careful with OPSEC.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
MrsDocMac

Re: 5th RTB

Post by MrsDocMac »

cams wrote:
ProudWifetoMyArmyRanger wrote:My husband is currently in GRITS ashtray and would like to know if any of the Rangers on the board know what the name of the school is that 5th RTB uses for the summer and winter climbing courses. His unit will be deploying to Afghanistan for thier next tour and he would like to try and get some of his guys into the course as he believes it will help with their missions there. Any help would be greatly appreciated, via PM or on the board.

Ma'am, be careful with OPSEC.
Yes Ranger Cams. He told me that it was public knowledge as to where, and that so long as I don't say when then I'm good to go, but I will be sure to watch closely what I say.

Thank you Rangers for your help, my husband was very glad to get the info on the school and says thanks as well.
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

wazzle wrote:Maybe this will work

http://militarybest.stores.yahoo.net/5thranbatmil.html

Pick up one of those and a new pair of shorts, needle and thread and voila.
Hahahaha! That reminds me of someone in my first platoon. Damned if I can remember his name, but he bought a pair of Umbro shorts and pinned a scroll to them and showed up to morning formation in them.

Didn't work out so well. Hehehehe.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
MrsDocMac

Post by MrsDocMac »

wazzle wrote:Maybe this will work

http://militarybest.stores.yahoo.net/5thranbatmil.html

Pick up one of those and a new pair of shorts, needle and thread and voila.
Somehow Wazzle, I just don't think he'd fall for it..... 8)
MrsDocMac

Post by MrsDocMac »

Well, he did bring home a bottle of Middleton that he never cracked open on leave..... 8)

Perhaps if he drinks that, then I come out with just the shorts, he won't notice anything is amiss.... :shock:

Return to “The Mosh Pit”