Saying hello.

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

ED
Egg

Saying hello.

Post by ED »

Hello to all of you Rangers and those who will soon be a Ranger. My name is Eric and for one I would like to say thank you for the hard work that you are doing. Secondly I am a sophmore in highschool(yes I am young), and I have decided to either go to Westpoint or to skip Westpoint and to become a Ranger, which I will accomplish either way, Westpoint or no Westpoint. Thirdly I am currently working on a research paper that is about none other than the Rangers so if you could help me locate information about different past operations that would be great, so long as you don't violate OPSEC for that would not do. Later for now, however, I will soon be headed towards working to get the Ranger tab.
Do not forget those that have fought and died.
ShotUp
Soldier

Post by ShotUp »

Welcome, the search button is probably all you will need, but since I am not a RANGER, I will not give you a 100% for sure answer.

Also, since I am not a RANGER, and it is these RANGERs site, I will not demand that you change your signature line I will simply ask you to change what it says. We will never forget, and think about it everyday, no need for you to remind us.

Good luck with what you're trying to accomplish
02-08 1/128 INF BN
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Do some research on the avatar topic.
ED
Egg

Will do.

Post by ED »

Thanks for the helpful hints about what to do. I will work on it. But what about the information topic, it would be great if I were able to get information from actual Rangers. Think about it.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and congratulations on your desire to become a Ranger. View the forums availble to you on this site and you will learn about what being a Ranger is all about. Also, visit the 75th Ranger Regiment Assocation website. Then read the Ranger Creed. You do those things and you'll have more information about Rangers than you can assimulate. And if you're really going to write this paper, post it on this site. It will say a lot about you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Grumble and Grunt
Ranger

Post by Grumble and Grunt »

Well, if you want to go to West Point knowing that it is not one word would help.

Try not to disrespect ShotUp, who is a soldier. You are going to get zero information coming in here with a cocky smart ass attitude.

ED, also don't reply when you get yelled at with some thank you, gushy, bullshit about being wrong and knowing better now. I for one would rather hear: "Roger Ranger xxxxx" and then see it fixed.

ShotUp, the DEPS should be along to help this kid out so you can just sit back and relax my friend... :D
RS Class 06-06
Grumble and Grunt
Ranger

Do you have a thesis for this paper yet?

Rangers are a pretty big subject. You could narrow it down to Modern Rangers, WWII Rangers, Vietnam Rangers, Korean Rangers or even a specific operation...

The more focused your question and mission the more help you will recieve
RS Class 06-06
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Will do.

Post by AbnRgr289 »

ED wrote:Thanks for the helpful hints about what to do. I will work on it. But what about the information topic, it would be great if I were able to get information from actual Rangers. Think about it.
You think about it.

All the information we will give you is already available. You using the search button at the top of the page will be much better on you in the long run.

Read the FAQ's and follow the site rules, you've already been told to research the avatar topic once, obviously you didn't pick up on the hint.

Now I'm telling you point blank so you fully understand........GET AN AVATAR!!

And welcome.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Ranger175csar
Ranger

Post by Ranger175csar »

Show some drive and initiative and do your research paper by conducting research. Use the search button. We can’t write it for you.
Collins

1/75 HHC 94-96 S-4
RIP CLASS 7-94

Fuck em if they cant take a joke.....
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

ADVICE HAS BEEN GIVEN!

Welcome and move out smartly now to complete the mission.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
ED
Egg

Will do

Post by ED »

I will get myself an avatar at once. As for a thesis it is about the 20th century Rangers, more specifically operations Desert Storm, Enduring Freedom, as well as a few others.
Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

Welcome kid
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09
197th STC (SO)(A)-present

Sua Sponte!

Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Grumble and Grunt
Ranger

Look kid, not to sharpshoot, but a thesis is not a general subject. A thesis is debatable, which leads to a finally provable statement. I am not asking for PHD level work here. All you need to to do is congeal and cement your argument.

Por ejemplo:

The 75th Ranger Regt. directly contributed to the successes in operations Urgent Fury and Enduring Freedom by isolating objectives and enemy high value targets across a broad spectrum of operations. They have exectuted their mission by airborne insertion, fast roping, etc. They are the Army's premier shock troops for their ability to...etc.... The participation of the 75th Ranger Regiment in our country's conflicts has reinforced the worth and justification for an all volunteer force comprised of highly motivated and highly trained men who have met and exceeded the standard in aforementioned conflicts by...etc...

Don't copy that, you need to draw your own conclusions but for fucks sake, get specific. Prove something, otherwise you are just regurgitating history and facts. Make a point. Read and study the info. Find out what this group of men have done and why they are respected. Prove that the Regiment's participation has been crucial and why we need soldiers of this caliber.

Write amd explain a thesis you have to prove by supporting your assertions with documented evidence. Your endstate is to draw a conclusion.

By all means show us what you have or what you end up with. Just go for broke and put it out there, you might spark some conversation or comtributions of some great Americans who have been there.
RS Class 06-06
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

You are extremely fortunate to have Ranger Grumble and Grunt give you a pointer. Now grab the bull by the horns and ride.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
eskimo
Embryo

pm

Post by eskimo »

Check your PM's.

and Welcome.
11c "High Angle Hell, Death and Destruction from above."

Return to “Introduction Archive”