Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

read all the rules. always capitalize Ranger.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

What makes you want to be a Ranger?
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

t3nn15dud5 wrote:Rangers, please accept my apology, it won't happen again.
Recover Garry & WELCOME
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

Leet speaking weirdo wrote:Rangers are elite soldiers, and i would like to see what i'm made of.
You're made out of tuna fish salad.

I hate leet-speak.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
23LRS
US Army Veteran

Post by 23LRS »

t3nn15dud5 wrote:Ranger Bill, after 3 years of college and 2 internships, I realized that i'm not enjoying it. Business world somehow doesn't fancy me, 9-to-5 suit job is pretty boring. I like challenges, I want to prove myself worthy, see what i can achieve and offer to others.
Sophomore year I joined Marketing club (volunteerily required) and the local volunteer fire department, ended up dropping the club because it just sucked. Military life seems more challenging, i think one can give back more while serving.
Rangers are elite soldiers, and i would like to see what i'm made of.
I have said this before, WTF is UP with these supposedly college educated bitches not spelling correctly or using punctuation? I think it's a case of being lazy asses!
Slow down, you make yourself look really stupid when you do this.
Riamh Nar dhruid O sbairn lan
(Never Retreat From The Clash of Spears)

9ID LRS 90-91
I CORPS LRS 91-93
A CO. 1/509 PIR 93-97
75TH RRA member

Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144:1
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Garry, you have only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. Frankly, yours was less than satisfactory. Please provide us with an honest evaluation of what you hope to achieve by spending another year in the classroom. If you're bored or feel that you are in the wrong career field, why not enlist this summer and pick up your last year of college when you leave the service (or while you are on active duty)?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

EvilCouch wrote:
Leet speaking weirdo wrote:Rangers are elite soldiers, and i would like to see what i'm made of.
You're made out of tuna fish salad.

I hate leet-speak.
Me too. Of course, I've got the power. :lol:
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

GarryLeet

Post by Steadfast »

So what's up GarryLeet? Your halfway through your final year.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
gijoe7.62
Tadpole

PM

Post by gijoe7.62 »

Welcome, PM inbound.
“Why am I not in bed, like everyone else, dead to the world? Why do I do this, live with the constant pain, the suffering, the sacrifice? Why? Because I can. Because pain tells me I’m awake. Reminds me I’m alive."

"AIRBORNE"
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

GarryLeet wrote:Ranger Steadfast, I will be graduating in December, I'm 10 credits short. I'm also trying to sort out a problem with dual citizenship. Recruiter said that I need to officially denounce my other one. I'm not sure how long the process takes, I emailed the embassy twice so far but haven't heard anything back yet. Calling them hasn't been successful too (hold/unavailable). I will talk to the recruiter to see if it's possible to speed things up.
Here is what you do about your dual-citizenship problem:

You mail all documents issued by the other country in a registered envelope to the Embassy/Consulate of said nation. With it, you include a seperate registered letter, in which you explain that you are denouncing your citizenship to said country, due to your service commitment to the US Army.

Don't be rude or condescending to the people you are addressing this letter to, as it serves no other purpose than slowing the process down. Sign the letter at the bottom, date it and keep a copy for your personal records. You will need it when the clearance investigator comes by your house/unit to talk to you.

The most likely scenario is that your documents will stay with the place you mailed them to and the country will not revoke/denounce your citizenship. Most nation's won't do it. If you ask them politely (best bet is in person), then they can write you a receipt of said items on official letterhead, which you should also keep.

Realize that you under no circumstances want to use any of those documents from here on out, even if they might facilitate international travel or it will become a point of contention later on. Refuse military service to the nation in question (if it is a conscript Army) on grounds of your choice to serve in the US Army.

Do this all as soon as you can, well before you leave for basic. Don't leave anything open, or you may experience a very painful time in the Army fighting a battle you will lose. Take it from someone who has filled out 14 SF86's during the first two years in the Army. Most of them before they came out with the computer one.

Also, if you have any foreign saving/checking accounts, close them now. It is apparently irrelevant if you have $100 or $1,000,000 in there.

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com!

Return to “Introduction Archive”