OSUT Complete

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Bobcat
Embryo

OSUT Complete

Post by Bobcat »

Rangers, veterans, all others:

graduated OSUT today. Just one step down in the road. I checked into Airborne holdover today and have the weekend to spend with family. I was selected as the Soldier of the Cycle which was a nice honor. I was also offered a SF contract during week 13 and after a lot of research and thought I decided to take it in lieu of my Ranger contract. It was a tough decision but I'm happy with it. I simply decided that it was a better fit. I cannot thank all the Rangers on here for the great help they have been not only to me but to all others who come on here seeking information to assist them in becoming warriors. Happy Memorial Day to all.
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

Just curious, what was it that made you decid "it was a better fit"?
It's all good.
JarHedSolja
Tadpole

Post by JarHedSolja »

SkyShark wrote:Just curious, what was it that made you decid "it was a better fit"?
His extensive knowledge and experience in the Army. Duh!
1999-2001 USMC
2003-2006 1-148th INF (M)
2006-2009 585th MP Co
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Good job. SF is going to be a long road and I hope that you keep your head on straight.
Bobcat
Embryo

Post by Bobcat »

When I said it was a better fit I mean simply that based on the research I did, it seemed like a better route for me. Having no firsthand knowledge of either Rangers or SF, I had to go based on any other resources available to me. It wasn't a "SF guys are so much cooler" or "Rangers are way more hardcore" kind of thing, just a decision based on the overall picture presented to me.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Congratulations on your training so far. Make the best of the opportunity offered you and give it everything you've got. It will take all that, and more to succeed.
Bazooka Breath
Ranger

Good Luck

Post by Bazooka Breath »

Hey, good luck going SF, should have kept that RIP contract though!
Bars
2nd plt., A co., 2nd/75th

"Eyes Open, Mouth Shut, Fucking Go For It, Never Quit, Ranger!!!!!!"
Bobcat
Embryo

Selection Complete

Post by Bobcat »

Just an update on my training. Completed SFAS in the September class and was assigned 18C and Spanish. Just waiting for further training now. As always, I thank everybody here for the information provided. This website is truly a useful tool for anybody considering joining the Army in Special Operations forces.
18Z5V
Triple Canopy

Post by 18Z5V »

Good job....brush up on your math...calc and place is no joke.
RS 12-93
SFAS 06-01
SFQC 04-01

Return to “Letters from School”