Intro.

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

GoardHeart
Ranger

Post by GoardHeart »

Your intro sucks. Read the sticky's and FAQ's and go grab yourself an avatar. Welcome.
RS 05-07
1st ID 1-26 IN 9/07-09/09
3d U.S. Inf Regt 10/09-Present

OEF IX - Korengal Valley
VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

I am so going to let some other TACP do this one...
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Good luck to you. Why not enlist in the Army with an Option 40 and become a Ranger?
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Or, you can become a Cab Driver and become one that way. Either way, your chances appear to be about the same.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
CHCB
Ranger

Post by CHCB »

Well, I'm certainly glad you've chose the Service because you're disenchanted with college.

I'd hate to think you were joining for any silly reasons like a desire to defend your nation or, in some small way, attempt to repay the cost in blood spilled by generations of your predecessors to pay for the liberties you enjoy.
2nd PLT A co 1/75 78-80
Ranger Class 502-79
Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

Um...yeah.
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09
197th STC (SO)(A)-present

Sua Sponte!

Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior.
Friedrich Nietzsche
23LRS
US Army Veteran

Post by 23LRS »

WTF is UP with these college kids on here? They have the grammatical skills of 3rd graders, and the ideals to match.

Get a clue!
Riamh Nar dhruid O sbairn lan
(Never Retreat From The Clash of Spears)

9ID LRS 90-91
I CORPS LRS 91-93
A CO. 1/509 PIR 93-97
75TH RRA member

Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144:1
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

Hi
It's all good.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Intro.

Post by Jim »

J caz wrote:I'm an 18 year old (disgruntled) college student, considering joining the military instead of going back to school. I'm strongly considering joining the Air Force as a TACP and getting into the Ranger's that way, since it's always been a dream of mine.
You get one chance to make a good initial impression -- and you failed. If you want to enlist in the USAF, go find a USAF site. We are here to assist young men prepare themselves to become Army Rangers. Frankly, that is a full time mission. Now, please reconsider your position and if you have any interest in becoming a Ranger, post a detailed introduction that discusses your physical fitness (run, PU, SI) and the degree to which you have prepared yourself both physically and mentally. Otherwise, begone with your babbling.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Fishboy
Ranger

Post by Fishboy »

Same for me, I decided to be a cook and do the Ranger thing on the side.
Special forces wasn't for me, to much rope climbing, got in the way of my second love, "Dog grooming" whatever you decide make sure its not hard because tough can become a pain in the ass
WHEN IN DOUBT, SHOOT IT OUT!
Never let your fears stand in the way of your dreams.

RS 4-92
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Intro.

Post by Steadfast »

Jim wrote:
J caz wrote:I'm an 18 year old (disgruntled) college student, considering joining the military instead of going back to school. I'm strongly considering joining the Air Force as a TACP and getting into the Ranger's that way, since it's always been a dream of mine.
You get one chance to make a good initial impression -- and you failed. If you want to enlist in the USAF, go find a USAF site. We are here to assist young men prepare themselves to become Army Rangers. Frankly, that is a full time mission. Now, please reconsider your position and if you have any interest in becoming a Ranger, post a detailed introduction that discusses your physical fitness (run, PU, SI) and the degree to which you have prepared yourself both physically and mentally. Otherwise, begone with your babbling.
And this statement of yours, Wha De Fuck does "dwindling" mean in this context?
excerpt of J caz wrote:Found out it wasn't for me and still have thought of enlisting dwindling over me.
After "dwindling" you can didle dee bop down to De recruiter. Good Luck in the USAF.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Introduction Archive”