Hey Rangers

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

BUDD1

Hey Rangers

Post by BUDD1 »

Hey Rangers,
Im 18, from Canada, just wanted to say you guys kick ass. I wish I was American and could have the chance to just attempt to be a Ranger, I know you guys are some of the most well trained troops there is. In a couple years when im done college I plan to join the Army for a few years. Iv always had a huge intertest in the military. Although i did hear there could be a chance i could join the U.S army, so who knows.. Later
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Hey Rangers

Post by cams »

BUDD1 wrote:Hey Rangers,
Im 18, from Canada, just wanted to say you guys kick ass. I wish I was American and could have the chance to just attempt to be a Ranger, I know you guys are some of the most well trained troops there is. In a couple years when im done college I plan to join the Army for a few years. Iv always had a huge intertest in the military. Although i did hear there could be a chance i could join the U.S army, so who knows.. Later

Much.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

Who doesn't. 8)

Be proud of who you are though.

Welcome and good luck.
It's all good.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Trooper Skyshark, that avatar is outstanding! :twisted:
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Scuba Wino wrote:Me; walking around the office, head hung down, shaking it back and forth in dis-belief and utter confusion.

Oh, I get it, it's the 15th! The welfare checks are in and people are turning their internet back on!!!

WTF!

I need a drink.

If you had joined this site just a short time later, I'd swear you were the reincarnation of that asshole Ron375 :lol:
RSD 96-99
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

There were two Canadians in K-75 in 1970. As far as I know there still is not a law against Canadians joining the U.S. Army.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

and I've known two Canadians who were officers in our Army. they had both been enlisted first.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

I knew more than one Canadian in 2/75.

Maybe you should talk to a US Army Recruiter and see what he says.

Best of luck.

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com!
Ranger175csar
Ranger

Post by Ranger175csar »

Fuck if the Hatians, Mexican and any other imigrant can come here and join the military for citizenship.. why not a Canuk?... I know we make fun of them and shit but Christ!
Collins

1/75 HHC 94-96 S-4
RIP CLASS 7-94

Fuck em if they cant take a joke.....

duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Post by Guest »

CSM PURDY....................... HELLO............
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Budd1, you have only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression, and you have not been very successful. First, I would tell you that should you decide to enlist in the US Army, you would be joining thousands of Canadians who have enlisted before you. US citizens frequently enlisted in Canadian forces in WWI and in the early days of WWII. There was a joint US-Canadian brigade that fought in Italy in WWII. Almost everyone has memories of serving with some Canadian who enlisted to serve in Viet-Nam. It can be done if you chose to do so.

Now, if you are interested in becoming a Ranger, my suggestion is that you read all the FAQs, stickies and selected threads. This will answer most (if not all) your questions. The search button is your friend; resist the urge to hit the send button. The DEPs will be along to assist you if you wish to participate.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

Welcome
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09
197th STC (SO)(A)-present

Sua Sponte!

Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior.
Friedrich Nietzsche
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Welcome.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
BUDD1

sweet

Post by BUDD1 »

Well im glad to know I actually do have a chance if I choose, I knew there was a fair amount of Canadians in Nam but I thought that would have been different circumstances. Thanks

Return to “Introduction Archive”