ImportsRSloths - Kicking Ass at Basic

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Prolly uniformity. Keeps styles of everyone near without appearing like a mish mosh. They all wear the same exercise clothes. The new ones are prolly kept for inspections. You don't want your Commander seeing your dirty ass sneakers, and you wind up on KP duty for having a poor display. JMO 8)
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

I asked my Dad (who up until a year ago was a Drill Sergant at Ft. Jackson) and he said the Army wants to make sure the shoes you wear for PT are the right kinds, the right fit, and the right amount of arch support for your feet. At reception they will give you what is best for your feet according to the Army. Thats what my Dad said and you might not be able to switch it out, in my Dads unit it was what you got from reception is what you will be using. The switch is pretty much up to the DS's so the switch can depend on your company or platoon.
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Keep it up!
RSD 96-99
PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

Post by PaleHorseRider »

they dont really 'force' you to buy the shoes, they give you a card with 250$ (that is taken out of your first pay, of course) so you can buy everything you need at the little PX they have at 30th AG. the give you a little slip of paper with what kind of arch support you'll need on it. they basically give you the kind of shoe you'll need. tell IRS im doing just fine, if i get my EIB in July im gonna start asking for pre-Ranger, which, if i get my EIB the first time, i hear i'll probably get it.
D co. 2/327
No Slack
eltrane
Tadpole

Post by eltrane »

Good luck on the EIB PaleHorseRider, I was going thru some of my old stuff the other day and found the copy of my orders for my EIB. It's funny the stuff you keep, I got mine as a PV2 at Ft. Lewis in 85.

Shit that was a long time ago.
RIP SSG Greg Gourley KIA Hawija 22 Feb 06

11b pig gunner 2/2 inf 84-86, TL 2/87 inf, 5/8 inf, 86-88

Return to “Letters from School”