Can i get some advise?

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Im no Soldier

Can i get some advise?

Post by Im no Soldier »

Hi, i am a new recruit in the army im leaving for basic may 4th, im kinda wondering on somthing. See i wanted a Ranger contract from the get go, but since i am a GED enlisty and my asvab scores werent great they are only giving me a Airborne contract.......my dad and grandfather were rangers. and im just kinda wondering HOW or what can i do when i graduate airborne school to get a chance to be a ranger? i dont just wanna be ranger qualified, i wanna be in the bat......i wanna surve for a battallion in iraq or any other place the shit kicks off....anyone got some advice? my father is in faraway right now and isnt so sure on how its gonna go considering he and my grandpa both joined with rip contracts ... any advice? any suggestions ?
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Can i get some advise?

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Soldier1985 wrote:Hi, i am a new recruit in the army im leaving for basic may 4th, im kinda wondering on somthing. See i wanted a Ranger contract from the get go, but since i am a GED enlisty and my asvab scores werent great they are only giving me a Airborne contract.......my dad and grandfather were rangers. and im just kinda wondering HOW or what can i do when i graduate airborne school to get a chance to be a ranger? i dont just wanna be ranger qualified, i wanna be in the bat......i wanna surve for a battallion in iraq or any other place the shit kicks off....anyone got some advice? my father is in faraway right now and isnt so sure on how its gonna go considering he and my grandpa both joined with rip contracts ... any advice? any suggestions ?
You need to post an intro in the proper forum before you post again.

You also need to get an avatar.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Here's some advice. Post a proper introduction in the proper forum. Use proper grammar when you do.

If you have a signed contract, you pretty much will have to go with what you've got.

These questions have been answered many times. Use the 'search' feature to look these questions up.

oh....and welcome.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

First thing you need to do is to introduce yourself in the appropriate forum.

a. Read the FAQs and stickies, your questions have been answered several times. Pay attention to your spelling and grammar, right now, based on what you have written, I'm not sure you deserve to be taken seriously as you cannot even write a coherent paragraph without several errors.

b. Continue to read, study, become one of the DEPs and learn all you can. The search button is your friend -- I'm not.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Im no Soldier

Post by Im no Soldier »

It's more like my dad was in the fucking battalion by time he was 19. joined when he was 17. he is active duty in faraway right now. no my dad isnt a e7 he got in some trouble along his way. But in my dad's time they gave rip contracts to GED ppl.. now they wont or my recruiter fucked me over saying they dont. So i signed a Airborne contract. was just trying to get some more insite my dad said if you graduate airborne school and let everyone know you wanna be a ranger, and your PT's and shit look good etc.. they might pick me......i came here to see if there is more to it ? but if all im gonna get is some flak then fuck it. And yea i know the questions have been answered before i used the search button.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Fuck what? Becoming a Ranger?
Or getting help from men that have been where you want to go?
Are you planning now on being a lone ranger and doing it on your own without constructive critisim that you are unable to accept because your pride and ego were bruised a little?

Do you think it will be easy becoming and/or staying a Ranger? Do you think it will be any easier doing it on your own?

Many personalities and types of young men sign up for Ranger contracts. But the ONLY ones that succeed have what I call 'Grit.'

Or when you got poked a little have you now decided to quit and give up on your dream of being a Ranger altogether?

I'm just being honest here, based on the information you have presented here on this Ranger website, I don't think you have what it takes.

Feel free to prove me wrong and become a Ranger. But I honestly don't think you will make it that far.

In any case, thank you for signing up and willing to serve where ever you end up. I sincerely hope you find and get to where ever you want to go in life. Good luck to you, young man!
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

Damn, I can tell already you are the type of dipshit that the new, gentler, Basic Training has been oriented to.

Not too smart to piss off people you've asked for advice from (notice that it is spelled with a C not an S).

Why don't you go to the library before you ship and read "How to Win Friends & Influence People" by Dale Carnegie before you leave for Basic, maybe it will save you from a blanket party for being a disrespectful fuckstick.
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
Im no Soldier

Post by Im no Soldier »

I don't plan to do it on my own. I got a attitude problem yes. I trying to fix it, and i didnt say fuck it like im quitting i dont quit anything i do. And i will make it regardless of what you think.
Im no Soldier

Post by Im no Soldier »

as for the blanket party? what doesnt kill me makes me stronger, and im not the killer man, but i am the killer mans son, and grandson. And i would like to say you should give me some respect, not many dudes signing up for combat and even fewer signing up at all... to get respect you give respect i always been taught. when did you join? peace time? im signing during war time.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

First off, let's start with the basics then. ALWAYs capitalize the word 'Ranger.' This is a form of respect for those that have gone before you in battle defending our country. They have earned and deserve this respect.

Second, were you just talking to me? When you talk to ANY member of this forum, you address them by the title below their name. When you address me (or any other Ranger) on this forum, you will address us by the title 'Ranger' before our name. I am Ranger RTO to you. Same reason, respect. Understood?
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

Soldier1985 wrote:as for the blanket party? what doesnt kill me makes me stronger, and im not the killer man, but i am the killer mans son, and grandson. And i would like to say you should give me some respect, not many dudes signing up for combat and even fewer signing up at all... to get respect you give respect i always been taught. when did you join? peace time? im signing during war time.
Why the fuck should I respect you? All you've fucking done is sign some fucking paper and have a GED. You know what stud? I dropped out of high school too, got my DIPLOMA through Adult Ed, enlisted at 17 before you were even fucking born. Then after 6 years of service, I went to college where I earned a Bachelor's and a Master's Degree. You haven't done a fucking thing to earn any respect from me, or for that matter, anyone on this site.

Shut the Fuck Up.
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)

Return to “Recruitment Process”