How many?

Basic & AIT
CJB
Embryo

How many?

Post by CJB »

How many weeks of training should an option 40 11x contract say? Im getting varying answers on this. Thankyou.
iford
Egg

Option 40 11x

Post by iford »

I am not totally sure what the training lenght is but in my contract of which has option 40 11x it is 14 weaks for OSUT and 3 weeks for Airborne school.

Again not sure if that is the way it is suppost to be or not.
CJB
Embryo

YEA

Post by CJB »

When are you guys' ship dates???
iford
Egg

Ship Date

Post by iford »

I ship 5/21.

Iford
DGhost
Embryo

Post by DGhost »

Hooah. Chalk another one up for 05/21.
iford
Egg

DGhost

Post by iford »

DGhost you will be at Benning and then jump right after?
DGhost
Embryo

Post by DGhost »

Definately going to be at Benning (along with everyone else who goes 11X). Was unable to get Airborne in my contract, but i'm working on that... If I can't get it in my contract I am gonna try to get the DS's to believe that I should get a shot at it...

If I can, wonderful. If I can't, oh well... I can push for it later...

But I will make them believe.
iford
Egg

Post by iford »

Shit I had to wait when I first went to MEPS they did not have anything with the Airborne at all. Then I was waiting for my Secruity Clearence and the Counsoler called me in and sayed they had a Ranger contract that just came up and I jumped on that like flys on shit. I had figured if I could not get a Ranger contract I would not go in.

But now I have it and I will see you there.
DGhost
Embryo

Post by DGhost »

Unfortunately, I am in a position where I cannot get a Ranger contract at all. Was gonna try to get the recruiter to see if they can magically find an Airborne slot, as they have this tendancy to do in some cases... who knows what will turn up. I would feel better shipping with a guaranteed Airborne shot than nothing at all...

Anyways, glad to know someone else who will be showing up at the same time. Hope to see you there.

Oh, and on the topic... OSUT for this is 13 weeks, I believe with another week at the beginning for processing, Airborne is 3 weeks, and RIP is 3 weeks. All of it is back to back, so its almost 5 months of training right off the bat. The only reason it would be different is for medical reasons or if there are hold over periods between schools. Have not heard of it happening often, but who knows.

Return to “About OSUT”