Recruit allergic to Penecillin

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
AspiringSoldier
Embryo

Recruit allergic to Penecillin

Post by AspiringSoldier »

Ok so I already have a recruit to rank up for an E-2, now I have one for the SMART program, he says he's allergic to Penecillin, but he's not too sure. Question 1: Is being allergic to Penecillin a disqualifier?
Question 2: If it is should my recruit lie about it in order to pass through meps?
Question 3: How can my recruit find out if he allergice to Penecillin?

This is probobly a weird ass question but the kid seems like he's really interested in joing.
A Future Soldier aspiring to be all that he can be..
Baseplate
Ranger

Re: Recruit allergic to Penecillin

Post by Baseplate »

AspiringSoldier wrote:Ok so I already have a recruit to rank up for an E-2, now I have one for the SMART program, he says he's allergic to Penecillin, but he's not too sure. Question 1: Is being allergic to Penecillin a disqualifier?
Question 2: If it is should my recruit lie about it in order to pass through meps?
Question 3: How can my recruit find out if he allergice to Penecillin?

This is probobly a weird ass question but the kid seems like he's really interested in joing.
Have him take a shot of penecillin if he doesn't die he is good. If he does die then find a good place to hide the body.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
AspiringSoldier
Embryo

Yeah I could do that but I would like to give him a straight forward answer. Now I wish I had something like that on hand, but I would really like to know.
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

in that case just click here

penecillin help
http://www.silverraven.com/fy.htm
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

PaperStreet 2/75 wrote:First off stud, you need to address Rangers (those of us with 'Ranger' under our name) as 'Ranger <name>'

Next, you need to develop a thick skin and learn how to deal with answers like the one Ranger W437537 gave you. You have no idea what lies in front of you.

That said, here are your answers:

1. I have no idea. Ask your recruiter.

2. Not just No, but HELL FUCK NO. This could actually get him killed in the future.

3. It took me about .02 seconds to find the answer using Google: http://www.clevelandclinicmeded.com/dis ... llergy.htm. You need to learn to be more self reliant.

Keep in mind that going in as an E2 means nothing other than a couple of extra bucks for a few months. Rank doesn't mean shit in Basic/AIT, and all the E1s get promoted to E2 around the end of AIT anyway (or after 6 months...something like that). Look at it this way; it takes 6 months of training to get to Bat, so you are en E2 or close to it by the time you show up. Everyone in Bat makes E4 at the same time...when you get back from Ranger school. I would not try to circumvent the system for a couple extra bucks.
Reiterate number 2! Never lie about an allergy. For example I became allergic to non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs. My heart stopped several time at the hospital in Ft. Stewart. Of course I never knew it I became allergic over years of use.

You lie and one day while unconscious they administer the drug and you die.

I believe that you end up wearing a reddish dog tag that labels allergies. I think.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

don't lie about it. it's no big deal if he is, it's not going to be a disquallifier (however I'm neither a doctor or recruiter). and yes, he'll get a red allergy tag to wear ( I have one).

and you definately need to become more self-reliant and proactive.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
AspiringSoldier
Embryo

Thank you Rangers, I didnt mean to be be disrespectfull. Thank you for your help. I didn't know where to look.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Lying or dishonesty is wrong and bad! If you don't believe me, ask God. Don't be the one that gets caught in a lie with your pants down.

The BEST thing you can do to prepare is MAKE SURE you are physicaly and most important mentaly prepared. Kick up your PT program and make sure you know WHY you want to become a Ranger. It may help you stay the course when the shit hits the fan.

Return to “Medical Issues”