Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Turbobalaclava
Egg

Introduction

Post by Turbobalaclava »

Hello, my name is Brian. I am a 27 year old who has always had a respect and a fascination with the military. I seriously contemplated going into the marines during my freshman year of college but decided to finish school. I recieved my mechanical engineering degree from Virginia Tech in 2002 and have been working since. I put thoughts of the military way back in my pysche figuring it was too late to do anything high speed. This all changed several months ago.

I recently heard about the 18x enlistment option and have since been training and learning all I can about all facets of the military. I am not sure if I am going to join but I am training like I will be(I like the torture). I have a multitude of questions for both Rangers and SF alike, however, I need to spend some quality time with the search button first.

Regardless, I would like to thank all current, former, and future members for their service and sacrifice.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Turbobalaclava

Post by Steadfast »

WELCOME
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Good luck with your career and whatever path you decide. I live just down the road from Va Tech. Also, my aunt just retired from there.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
msg_dman
Ranger

Post by msg_dman »

Welcome
Ranger Class # 12-89
Merrills PSG 89-90
C/Co 4th RTB 90-92
USASOC Ft Bragg 01-06
Retired 1 Feb 2006

In Memory of 1LT Ben Hall - KIA 31 July 2007
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome. Good luck in whatever career path you choose.
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Welcome.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Ranger Bill »

Turbobalaclava wrote: I have a multitude of questions for both Rangers and SF alike, however, I need to spend some quality time with the search button first.
Do what you said and you're welcome. All of your questions have been answered here many times. Should you decide to be a Ranger, and make it, it will always be the thing that affects your life the most.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

Welcome........
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
rakks_junkie

Re: Introduction

Post by rakks_junkie »

Turbobalaclava wrote:Hello, my name is Brian. I am a 27 year old who has always had a respect and a fascination with the military. I seriously contemplated going into the marines during my freshman year of college but decided to finish school. I recieved my mechanical engineering degree from Virginia Tech in 2002 and have been working since. I put thoughts of the military way back in my pysche figuring it was too late to do anything high speed. This all changed several months ago.

I recently heard about the 18x enlistment option and have since been training and learning all I can about all facets of the military. I am not sure if I am going to join but I am training like I will be(I like the torture). I have a multitude of questions for both Rangers and SF alike, however, I need to spend some quality time with the search button first.

Regardless, I would like to thank all current, former, and future members for their service and sacrifice.

Welcome....Damn dude ..SF, keep that goal in mind and never quit. You will make anything you want.
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Turbobalaclava, whether you "want" to become a Ranger, Marine Force Recon, Group Green Beanie or whatever. The key is whether you have the intestinal fortitude that is required in order for you to become what you only now dream about.

Whichever path you take, once you've made your decision make damn sure you're serious about it. Life is no joke and neither is becoming a Ranger, we're not gonna kiss your ass and talk about how our unit is better than another. You came here looking for answers................well hear this.....

Talk is cheap, you want to serve your Country, you want to join an elite unit? Then prepare for the worst, because you have to pay the cost to be the boss.

Good luck in detemining what you REALLY want to do with your life and come on back in 8-12 months and tell us what you found out. You'll get advise when you search for certain topics on what to expect, but once you get there it will be up to you as to whether you really want what you say you now only envision.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

:roll:
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
Fishboy
Ranger

Post by Fishboy »

Oh yeah, the 18X is a good program....... :shock:

welcome, Good luck and we will see ya in the 82nd. :?
WHEN IN DOUBT, SHOOT IT OUT!
Never let your fears stand in the way of your dreams.

RS 4-92
Table of Elements Skater
Future Soldier

Post by Table of Elements Skater »

Welcome. Pm on the way.
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Welcome. Good luck.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton

Return to “Introduction Archive”