The Sergeant

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

Silverback
Ranger

The Sergeant

Post by Silverback »

A Balloonist in a hot air balloon realized he was lost. He reduced altitude and spotted a man below. He descended a bit more and shouted "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man below replied, you’re in a hot air balloon hovering approximately 30 feet above the ground. You're between 40 and 41 degrees north latitude and between 59 and 60 degrees west longitude."

"You must be a Sergeant," Said the balloonist
"I am," Replied the Sergeant, "How did you know?"
"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct, but I've no idea what to make of your information, and the fact is I am still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help at all; if anything you've delayed my trip."

The Sergeant below responded, "You must be an officer."
"I am," replied the balloonist, "But how did you know?"

"Well," said the Sergeant, "You don't know where you are or where you are going. You have risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise which you had no idea how to keep, and you expect the people beneath you to solve your problems. The fact is you are in exactly the same position you were before we met, but now, somehow, it's my fault."
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Awesome.
RSD 96-99
RTO
BANNED

Re: The Sergeant

Post by RTO »

Silverback wrote:A Balloonist in a hot air balloon realized he was lost. He reduced altitude and spotted a man below. He descended a bit more and shouted "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man below replied, you’re in a hot air balloon hovering approximately 30 feet above the ground. You're between 40 and 41 degrees north latitude and between 59 and 60 degrees west longitude."

"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct, but I've no idea what to make of your information, and the fact is I am still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help at all; if anything you've delayed my trip."

"Well," said the Sergeant, "You don't know where you are or where you are going. You have risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise which you had no idea how to keep, and you expect the people beneath you to solve your problems. The fact is you are in exactly the same position you were before we met, but now, somehow, it's my fault."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
rakks_junkie

Re: The Sergeant

Post by rakks_junkie »

Silverback wrote:A Balloonist in a hot air balloon realized he was lost. He reduced altitude and spotted a man below. He descended a bit more and shouted "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Gosh it's a good thing you guys quoted the joke, otherwise I would have thought you were laughing at something in some other thread. :roll:
RSD 96-99
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

That one never gets old.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

I'm in a weird mood today. I dunno why, it just struck me as funny! :lol:
chuck3/75
Ranger

Post by chuck3/75 »

brilliant.
23LRS
US Army Veteran

Post by 23LRS »

Deftly put! :lol:
Riamh Nar dhruid O sbairn lan
(Never Retreat From The Clash of Spears)

9ID LRS 90-91
I CORPS LRS 91-93
A CO. 1/509 PIR 93-97
75TH RRA member

Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144:1

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”