Here it comes (Shipdate)

Basic & AIT
Harris
Tadpole

Here it comes (Shipdate)

Post by Harris »

I'm now 3 weeks out, and it feels only like yesterday I signed on the dotted line. Everybody on this forum from the Rangers telling me what to do, and the newts/DEPs demonstrating NOT what to do, I feel that I am very blessed to have had this expirience before I shipped.
Honestly, if I were more of a religious man, I would say God pointed me in this direction so that I could be a better prepared for the journy ahead of me. I'll settle for just cosmic luck that I happened on these forums one fine day and started reading about Hooahs.

Either way, thankyou all.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayedand degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling wich thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The Person who has nothing for wich he is willing to fight, nothing wich is more important than his own personal safety is a miserbale creature and has no chance of being free himself unless made so and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself
-J.S.Mill
Slip away.
(Badmuther's Bitch)
being held hostage in sandhill...
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Your welcome, Harris. Don't quit. Ever!

Keep driving on. Best of luck. Make sure to keep us updated.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

So, are you going to volunteer for the Regiment while in Airborne School?
rbarrows
Embryo

Re: Here it comes (Shipdate)

Post by rbarrows »

Harris wrote:I'm now 3 weeks out, and it feels only like yesterday I signed on the dotted line. Everybody on this forum from the Rangers telling me what to do, and the newts/DEPs demonstrating NOT what to do, I feel that I am very blessed to have had this expirience before I shipped.
Honestly, if I were more of a religious man, I would say God pointed me in this direction so that I could be a better prepared for the journy ahead of me. I'll settle for just cosmic luck that I happened on these forums one fine day and started reading about Hooahs.

Either way, thankyou all.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayedand degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling wich thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The Person who has nothing for wich he is willing to fight, nothing wich is more important than his own personal safety is a miserbale creature and has no chance of being free himself unless made so and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself
-J.S.Mill
I wish you luck
" Obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle yields to stern resolve. He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind." Leonardo Da Vinci
I will NEVER quit!
Dud
Tadpole

Post by Dud »

Harris,
So are you shipping on the 24th then?
"The secret to happiness in life is finding that which you are willing to die for, and begin living for it."
EggMcMuffin
Tadpole

Post by EggMcMuffin »

I wish good luck upon the Harris. 8)
USAFA-CAP
SWR-TX-441

With my left hand and the internet, anyone's my girlfriend.

"We must remember that one man is much the same as another,
and he is best who is trained in the severest school." -Thucydidies
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Good luck Harris, damn I cant wait till I make my deparding thread, so I can go already.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Harris,

Good luck. In addition to PT, I'd spend the next 3 weeks drinking beer, fucking (girls) and eating junkfood.......cuz you ain't going to get to do any of that for a long time!!! :o
edk84
Embryo

Post by edk84 »

Good luck Harris. If you are able to volunteer for RIP let us know.
"Move swiftly. Don't whine. Try your hardest."
- from "The Hard Way" by Mark Jenkins
KrazyFlip
Soldier

Post by KrazyFlip »

Harris, good luck there is a chance we might see each other. I am shipping on the 24th(which also happens to be my birthday) Are you anxious to go and start? I know I am.
MOS:11x/Airborne OSUT
Ship Date: March 24, 2004
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Harris-
Best of luck to you. Don't fall short of your goals. If you want it with all your heart, it's yours....you just have to take it. Don't get mixed up with any losers who will get you in trouble. Lead the way!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Silverback
Ranger

Young Trooper

Post by Silverback »

I wish you good luck. The kind of luck I am talking about is the luck of getting a Drill sergeant not afraid to smoke the piss out of you. The luck of getting a Black hat that is not afraid to smoke the piss out of you. The luck to actually run into a Sergeant that is not so apethetic that he will actually help you seek employment in the Regiment.

You may not realize it but every time you get your bags smoked you are receiving an innoculation. You are being innoculated against the stresses inherent to our job. Our job is to close with the enemy and kill him.

I wish you luck young trooper and as a wise man told....

Shoot straight goddamn it!

I am still active duty so we may meet again
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Bell

Post by Bell »

Well Harris, it's time. You can be anything you want to be. You can do anything you want to do. It's all up to you.

Good luck and keep in touch. Whatever you do, be the best at it.

RLTW
Bell
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Harris, GL, be all you can be & to thy ownself be true. :D
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70