Kicked back to Dco

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
SunDevilWrestler
Ranger

Kicked back to Dco

Post by SunDevilWrestler »

Aco filled yesterday, no one from Sand Hill went. All Officers and soft-skill enlisted are getting priority along with the 18Xs.

I'm in Dco right now waiting for Friday's fill. I've been ABN Hold for 6 weeks now.

After yesterday's kickback 1/3 of the Sand Hill guys dropped ABN.....bitches.

-SDW
Stay Hard, Crush the Weak.

Whatever It Takes
Never Quit. Never Give In. Never Back Down.
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Stay with it. Never quit.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Be patient, SDW. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
JarHedSolja
Tadpole

Post by JarHedSolja »

People just dropping ABN???

That makes baby Jesus cry.

... and me.
1999-2001 USMC
2003-2006 1-148th INF (M)
2006-2009 585th MP Co
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

After yesterday's kickback 1/3 of the Sand Hill guys dropped ABN.....bitches.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
WTF Is up with the huge hold numbers for school? I thought when they went to the centralized reservation system that fixed all of that shit? Can anyone shed some light on this? Are they over selling the slots or something?
At ease that shit, Staff Sergeant.

The people getting rolled back are the fucking initial entry fucks.

You show up there with TDY orders and your starting with the next class.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

SSG H8R wrote:I was not questioning the process used by the recruiters and the career councelors at MEPS. So do the IEF's(initial entry Fucks :lol:) not have a HARD slot like everyone with TDY-enrout or TDY return orders?
I was gonna' slam you but thought it would be more effect to attempt a mentoring moment. How many Airborne slots have been created with the unit of action plan?
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Bugsy
Ranger

Re: Kicked back to Dco

Post by Bugsy »

SunDevilWrestler wrote:After yesterday's kickback 1/3 of the Sand Hill guys dropped ABN.....bitches.

-SDW
Just hang in there young stud, there will be more who quit along the way, don't pay it any attention, that's just part of the process, you'll get there just take it one step at a time.

I'm lookin forward to your graduation from RIP. 8)
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

SSG H8R wrote:SFC Hit it

I have seen that SOME TRADOC school houses will advertise more seats than what the school can handle. Typicaly somthing will happen to Joe so he can not show up. If it is a last second cancelation the seat might go unfilled. Many of the NG / Army Reserve school houses use this tactic to ensure that they have a capacity class. Their funding is based on a head count and they can not afford to lose out.

I was not questioning the process used by the recruiters and the career councelors at MEPS. So do the IEF's(initial entry Fucks :lol:) not have a HARD slot like everyone with TDY-enrout or TDY return orders?
True statement. Schoolhouse recruits for projected shortages in parachutist position just like USAREC does.

IEF's (this might become common Army lingo :lol: ) do not have HARD training dates in the sense that they will attend training, but may be bumped for someone with a higher training priority (read: 18X, TDY people).

This is what's going on now.

Answer to Ranger SB's question: The Army transformation created 4 IN battalions, 4 RSTA battalions, and more fucking support jobs with jump status than anyone could shake a stick at.

Somewhere in the area of about 8k people coming on status in the next 6 months spread out between Bragg, Alaska, Italy and Germany(the other part of the 173rd that won't fit on Vicenza right now).
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
cdwdirect
Ranger

Being Patient

Post by cdwdirect »

SunDevilWrestler,

I'm probably just a few rooms down from you, waiting to ship downrange tomorrow.

Hang in there man. The same thing happened to me, I was supposed to go to Alpha and then got split from the formation and sent to D. Co, split off from all but two of my friends from OSUT. I spent my week on the cables (reading) and being asked, "Who wants to quit?" every fifteen minutes. It was somewhat comical. Our class started with 475 soldiers and finished with 350 paratroopers. By a large interval, we were the toughest company, and so I think the best.

Airborne School consists of PT and falling down. That's IT. You wont be challenged mentally except perhaps getting over height-related jitters. Do exactly what you're told regarding PLF's during ground week and you'll be OK when the weekend hits. When you PLF wrong on the pea gravel, you'll know it. The only thing you need to worry about in week 3 is keeping your feet and knees together.

PM inbound with my cell if you want to meet up whenever we both have time off.

-cdwdirect

P.S. If you're feeling plucky, ask Sgt. Airborne Moreno if he can do as many flutterkicks as you. :twisted:
2/75, COCKS

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -Steve McQueen
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

"At ease that shit!"

Haven't heard that one in a while! :lol:

Used to hear it every day :evil:
RSD 96-99
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Velcrocivic wrote:Well I'm going on to my third week of hold over and have no clue on when I might ship out. I everyone here is pretty stupid about figuring out when we're going to ship out. For instance, at the beginning of the week we heard that we're going to be here until the 24th and today we heard that we'll all ship next Friday. I don't even listen to what the privates say anymore even if its from the drill sergeant. I've been just telling people that you need to re enlist for another year if you want to go on to Airborne. Whats sad is how many people want to quit their Airborne contract and even RIP contracts. Most of them are more concerned about getting rank instead of becoming the best.
Don't you worry your little head about the way the Army does shit. It took me 9 fucking months to get to Battalion, so I am pretty sure you can wait around a week or so...when you get done with your BAC vacation you will go back to work and get smoked silly for three weeks at this wonderful place called RIP.

Better practice your knots, Ranger Creed and PT while you can!

Now do some Push-Ups for being the baddest motherfucker in holdover!

Return to “Letters from School”