Illinois veterans

Turning warriors into productive civilian leaders: Employment & Education, Dealing with Veteran's Administration, etc.

Moderator: Site Admin

dogface11b
Ranger

Illinois veterans

Post by dogface11b »

Any Illinois veterans who can square me away with info/advice on state veterans benefits, I'm ETS'ing in Aug. I've heard that the state pays for veterans' college in a program seperate from the G.I. Bill. -Thanks, Dogface
VAK
USAF Veteran

Re: Illinois veterans

Post by VAK »

dogface11b wrote:Any Illinois veterans who can square me away with info/advice on state veterans benefits, I'm ETS'ing in Aug. I've heard that the state pays for veterans' college in a program seperate from the G.I. Bill. -Thanks, Dogface
There is a link within this very portion of this board which tells you state benefits.

Do a search. Look around. Do some research...
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
dogface11b
Ranger

thanks

Post by dogface11b »

thanks, only have 30 min time on computer here, so not alot of chance to research.
Exsquzme
Ranger

Illinois vet here

Post by Exsquzme »

yeah just go to www.va.gov, and fill out the application for benefits off that webpage, illinois will give you the IL VETS Grant which pays for 100% tuition, plus before you get out you should start applying for the GI BIll because it take a while to go through the system, and make sure you listen to everything they say in the meetings while you are ETSing it wil really help, I didnt, and I missed a lot of valuable info, hope I helped, if you have any more questions PM me.
"Live life to the fullest" & "Never give up"
1st PLT WPNS SQD C Co. 3/75 01'-05'
RS 03-05
dogface11b
Ranger

h

Post by dogface11b »

thanx brother..
Exsquzme
Ranger

Welcome

Post by Exsquzme »