? on pushups

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Alden

Post by Alden »

while we are on the subject, can someone define a "correct" sit up please?
Glock

Post by Glock »

You begin the exercise by lying flat on your back with your knees bent so that a 90-degree angle is formed by your upper and lower legs. Your feet my be spread up to 12 inches apart. Usually another person will hold your feet. However, if your are doing this exercise alone you can place your feet under something. Your fingers will be interlocked behind your head, and the backs of your hands will touch the ground. Your arms and elbows need not touch the ground.

You begin by raising your body to the vertical position. The vertical position means that the base of your necks is above the base of your spine. After you have reached or surpassed the vertical position, lower your body until the upper portion of your back touches the ground. This completes one repetition.
wannuhbe

Post by wannuhbe »

i thought you put your arms in a cross on your chest instead of doing putting your hands behind your head
Glock

Post by Glock »

If you plan on joining the Army do it behind your head. That is how it's done.
Glock

Post by Glock »

What I posted earlier was the definition of a correct situp per Army standards. Follow it to the T and you will be fine
Alden

Post by Alden »

thanks Glock :D
wannuhbe

Post by wannuhbe »

what does "follow it to the T" mean?
Glock

Post by Glock »

It means, do it exactly as I say.
Nighthawk
Embryo

Post by Nighthawk »

yea...i have a couple questions.

1) everytime i do push-ups....my left elbow at the tip starts hurting....and it feels like the bone is about to pop out. is there a way to correct this?

2) i have glasses....and when i take them off....i can recognize the person, but can't see every feature of their face....will that stop me from joining the Rangers?

3) i am Chinese-American. will the affect me alsO? because there aren't a lot of Asians in the Rangers are there?

thank you if anyone can answer these.
kduhg

Post by kduhg »

1.) do u mean when ur elbow cracks? that happened to me before when i started pushups a long time ago, but later it stopped.

2.) not an expert on this question but it may be posted in other posts in the "Recruitment Process" section of the forum.

3.) why would being Chinese-American affect you? Even if there may be hardly any Asians wanting to become a Ranger, the fact of being the lone Asian shouldn't stop you from becoming a Ranger.
Nighthawk
Embryo

Post by Nighthawk »

kduhg wrote:1.) do u mean when ur elbow cracks? that happened to me before when i started pushups a long time ago, but later it stopped.
no.....i think it "feels" liike its about to crack. but i don't know if i should continue on or stop doing push-ups cuz then it hurts like a B!7CH! :x
Nighthawk
Embryo

Post by Nighthawk »

thank you leatherneck. i will try my best to do what you suggested. no wait...i will not TRY....i will DO. :D
resqparamedic
Ranger

Post by resqparamedic »

It doesn't really matter how many puch-ups you can do now. What matters is that when you get done with Basic/AIT, you'll be able to a plenty.

Then, by the time you get done getting smoked at RIP, you'll be able to do a lot more. When you have RIP cadre in your face chewing on your ass, the 2 minute PT test gets put to the back of your mind. You will just be trying to figure out how you are going to survive this smoke session of an hours worth of push-ups.

The question shouldn't be how many push-ups you can do in 2 minutes. The question should be, how many can you do in an hour, with a RIP Cadre breathing down you back?
Regt HQ '93 - '94
Bco 3/75 '94 - '96

Afghanistan '04 - '05
Iraq '05 - '08
Sudan '08 - '09
Iraq '09 - As soon as I can finish up my contract!
RGRBaggett

Post by RGRBaggett »

Keep in mind that the 1000 to 1500 push ups that pneves has told you about are not regular push ups. If your not elevated, your wrong!! The only push ups that aren't elevated are at pt and the pt test.

Return to “About Army Physical Training”