Option 40 secured.

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

stang9183 wrote:Ranger Spartan, I have been in contact with my recruiter, as well as the counselors at MEPS, almost every other day for the last 2 months hounding them. Every time I've talked to them they insist that they are doing everything in their power to get me a contract. I'm finally calling their bluff. Hopefully today after I meet with my recruiter I will gain some headway in the situation.
I don't think phone work is a good substitute for being there in person. I recall someone on here making four trips to MEPS before he got his OPT40. It's kind of tough to shine someone on when they are in your face.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Don't take a knife to a gunfight.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

stang9183 wrote:Well, to anybody who gives a rat, MEPS was to busy to see me today. So I will bring the guns back out on monday and try again.

-out
Too busy. Let me guess, you called first instead of just showing up?

Weidert - you went to MEPs four times. Did you call each time, or just show up?
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Stang, 7-11 is hiring right down the street from you. Maybe you could see if McDonalds isn't too busy. :evil:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

I'm the smart ass here, not you. Got that?

Knock em out till you get a fucking contract.............Oh shit.........you'll be in the leaning rest for a long.................fuck it :evil:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

stang9183 wrote:Told me to come back monday.
Great - make sure you go back Monday then. Be relentless in your persistence. Call them once a day, every day. Visit them at the minimum 1-2 times a week. When they say "not this time" say 'Great, I'll be checking back with you again soon.'

Return to “Recruitment Process”