Care packages between phases

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
Grumble and Grunt
Ranger

Care packages between phases

Post by Grumble and Grunt »

Rangers,

1. I have been told we can recieve goodies between phases during the refit. Is this correct?

2. What restrictions are there?

My mom is having fun creating two packages full of some serious nutrition goodies for refueling between Benning/Mountain and Mountain/Florida phases. She is afraid there might be some hungry Rangers who don't get care packages for whatever reason.

3. Would you advise her to pack enough for three studs so I can share the wealth?

Thank you for your advice.
RS Class 06-06
Silverback
Ranger

Re: Care packages between phases

Post by Silverback »

Grumble and Grunt wrote:Rangers,

1. I have been told we can recieve goodies between phases during the refit. Is this correct?

2. What restrictions are there?

3. Would you advise her to pack enough for three studs so I can share the wealth?

Thank you for your advice.
1. Yes

2. No illegal drugs (or excessive cash)

3. Remember that instead of breaks between phases, you get a trip to the commisary and PX (5th and 6th RTBn) and you'll get those packages almost immediately after you have been to the store.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
ShortStackAO
Ranger

Post by ShortStackAO »

1) don't count on the packages being a "refueling" between phases because one stuffing of food, no matter how nutritious, won't turn your body back (even close) to normal

2) don't worry about there not being enough food, most people get huge packages and you won't even come close to finishing it all
1/1 ARB, 1st ID 09-Present
1/503rd INF (ABN) 06-09
Class 03-06

RIP - 1LT Ben Hall - KIA 31 July 2007
SA Yons
Ranger

Re: Care packages between phases

Post by SA Yons »

Grumble and Grunt wrote:My mom is having fun creating two packages full of some serious nutrition goodies for refueling between Benning/Mountain and Mountain/Florida phases.
You won't want nutritional goodies. Trust me.
I asked my friends and family to send nutritional goodies, and they did. All I ended up doing was stuffing myself with the junk from everyone else's care packages (there was plenty to go around). I didnt even touch the CLIF bars, trail mix, etc. that my friends and family sent.
About 99% of us Rangers craved M&M's and snickers bars. I'm sure that's what you'll want.
Last edited by SA Yons on December 31st, 2005, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
RS 02-06 (White Thread)

1CD 02-present

In this battlefield popular perceptions and rumor are more influential than the facts and more powerful than a hundred tanks. - David Kilcullen
66G_RN
Vet/ Ranger Wife/ Sister

Post by 66G_RN »

I sent cookies to my husband in Ranger school and he said he only got to smell them. The RIs said they were delicious! :lol:
Army Nurse Corps 89-98
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

66G_RN wrote:I sent cookies to my husband in Ranger school and he said he only got to smell them. The RIs said they were delicious! :lol:
you meanie you.

I recieved a letter one day in the mt phase; some SOB mailed me the empty brown wrapper from a Hershey bar.
Something I've been fond of doing for my erstwhile pals ever since :twisted:
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

just sent a Playboy to my buddy in the box. I magic markered bikinies on all the girls and glued the centerfold shut.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

I wrote a letter to a buddy in RS on an empty Big Mac wrapper.

He's still pissed about it.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Jim Jones
Ranger

Post by Jim Jones »

Damn, some good ideas here when i get done! I was gonna send my buddy in ranger school a chocolate cock, figuring he would be so hungry he's still eat it. But he'd probably just throw it away and eat the IOBC officer's food. The spec-4's who've gone through in my platoon said don't bother asking for care packages, the IOBC officers get enough food to feed everyone else.
Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. It's too bad he has never cried.
RIP class- 10-04
RS class- 05-06
B Co 2/75 Nov04-Present
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

my wife fucked me in mountains. Power Rangers were new-ish, and all over the TV at the time. she sent a care package. her letter was on the back side of one of those kid's birthday party power Ranger plates. on front it had the power dudes, and she had named me and my buddies from my plt. she wrote the letter in a spiral on back. the RI's saw it and I got to read the letter to my class in the front leaning rest. hard to push and turn a plate to read it at the same time...
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

KW Driver wrote:my wife fucked me in mountains. Power Rangers were new-ish, and all over the TV at the time. she sent a care package. her letter was on the back side of one of those kid's birthday party power Ranger plates. on front it had the power dudes, and she had named me and my buddies from my plt. she wrote the letter in a spiral on back. the RI's saw it and I got to read the letter to my class in the front leaning rest. hard to push and turn a plate to read it at the same time...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet you love to watch 'em now though, dont you? :roll:
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Goog
Ranger

Post by Goog »

Do the cooks in Regt still send their young Hooah's Onions????
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

The chocolate cock was always a big one....you could see all the 1/75 guy's eyes light up when they saw it....

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”